Starbuck's Does Not Support Our Troops Overseas!

KBADC

Cadet
This is something I thought I would share will all of you ....

"And this is exactly why we support our CANADIAN TIM HORTONS as they not only have sent over CRATES of coffee in the past to other locations/deployments, but they have now opened up in Afghanistan for our soldiers.

Guess I will not be drinking Starbucks any more. Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more."

Semper Fidelis. "Sgt. Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co1st Plt

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: Starbuck's Does Not Support Our Troops Overseas!

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war,
I find that part believable and certainly their right.

nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.
I find the second part highly unbelievable. Somebody snopes this thing.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I don't buy their over-priced swill anyway......
& Howard Shultz is a cheap sock cucker anyway, so I do believe it!.....
Sold the Sonics, he did.....
Way to support the troops, home team & town!....
F him!........:mad:

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

They still suck!......:mad:

KBADC

Cadet

That snopes site is good to know about. I will still drink only Tim's coffee though!

OldMercsRule

Captain

Starbucks started in Seattle and obviously has a huge presence here. If they openly supported our troops by sending their coffee, they probably think the Liberal dopes here in Seattle would stop drinking the stuff. [Hard tellin' not knowin']. I dunno about Shultz's political leanings, but it would not shock me if he is a Leftie. It would be great if he would openly support our troops with his coffee, but he is free to do likewise. JR

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I like to walk into starbucks during the early morning rush hour and let a big fart.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The point of the Snopes entry is that the story about Starbucks is NOT TRUE, nor is a similar story about Oscar Mayer.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

We get that. We just don't like Starbucks!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

We get that. We just don't like Starbucks!

We do not like starbucks. their product bytes, their founder pays his people min wage only because he has to, and he is bunk-buddies with jerry garcia.

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't like starbucks or any other coffee shop that charges over $5 for a cup of flavored hot water. But that's just my opinion.:D :D :D

OldMercsRule

Captain

The point of the Snopes entry is that the story about Starbucks is NOT TRUE, nor is a similar story about Oscar Mayer.

Yes JB, this particular post initiating the thread is not true, but the Starbucks policy about our precious soldiers is ambivalent at best: again according to Snopes. Not surprizing from a business that started in Seattle. Respectfully JR

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Saw my first Starbucks, and the little Espresso stands when I got to the PNW 13 years ago....proud to say I have never spent a dime on either (cuts into the beer budget) :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Back when I drank the stuff, would always make my own.
They opened up a Tim Horton's in town and all the rave was how good it was, so I stopped in one day and got a cup, what a mistake that was, yuk.
Back to my own and that was the last dime I spent on out of house coffee.
We won't talk about all the money I spent on it in 22 years over the road though.:eek::eek:

JB

Well, I have never been in a Starbucks and would never pay a fin for a cuppajoe, no matter how good it might be, but that is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that if you want to bash somebody, use FACTS, not gossip.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Well, I have never been in a Starbucks and would never pay a fin for a cuppajoe, no matter how good it might be, but that is irrelevant.

Agreed. JR

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

So much for this forum then...;)