Starbuck's Does Not Support Our Troops Overseas!

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Starbuck's Does Not Support Our Troops Overseas!

We do not like starbucks. their product bytes, their founder pays his people min wage only because he has to, and he is bunk-buddies with jerry garcia.

HEY, Jerry's trip ended a few years ago.Speak nothing but good about this tripper!!!

Pony

Rear Admiral

I am young and nieve......I drink Starbucks, but I have found the new McDonalds iced coffee to be much more affordable.

OldMercsRule

Captain

I am young and nieve......I drink Starbucks, but I have found the new McDonalds iced coffee to be much more affordable.

My Sweetie agrees with ya Pony! She makes me go to Starbucks too, but I prefer the price of Micky Ds (as do you). I drink standard coffee out of me own coffee pot thank you very much! JR

Pony

Rear Admiral

I made my own for awhile......but I lost a lot of travel cups. Actually they are all in my desk drawer, I just forget to take them home everyday.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

We do not like starbucks. their product bytes, their founder pays his people min wage only because he has to, and he is bunk-buddies with jerry garcia.
Blasphemer!......:mad:
Starbux still sux, BTW.....:)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Let me get this straight, one complaint is that he pays min. wage. Then the assumption is that his employees should be making more than min. wage. But the right is against raising min. wage so employees can make more. Sheesh, you guys can't be made happy. I think that's called fickle - like Kerry was accused of being.

Disclaimer: I've never been in a Starbucks nor had any of their product.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Lighten up boatguy.. I do not like Starbucks for the previously mentioned reasons.. Do your best to get over that, ok?
Either that, or slow down on the Starbucks consumption. :)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I am going to go read smething on another webpage and then blame it on 12 incher... that makes sense.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Lighten up boatguy.. I do not like Starbucks for the previously mentioned reasons.. Do your best to get over that, ok?
Either that, or slow down on the Starbucks consumption. :)

It was just my feeble attempt to make this a political thread. After all, OMR is my idol and I want to be jest like him.:D And I don't know if I like Starbucks or not. I've never been to one. Oh we have Starbucks around, but they're not part of my habit.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It's really not that bad of a product, but terribly overated and overpriced.
If good coffee is important, then nothing beats a well-roasted true Collombian, ground just before french-brewing it. I settle for "whatheycall Colombian" fresh-ground in a drip-jobbie. Not too bad.

tommays

Admiral

Just who is giveing stuff to troops besides familys that gather stuff and send over troop care packages of things that are nice but not military issue :confused:

CAUSE I AM THINKING WERE BUYING MOST OF AT BIG PRICES

tOMMAYS

OldMercsRule

Captain

It was just my feeble attempt to make this a political thread. After all, OMR is my idol and I want to be jest like him.:D And I don't know if I like Starbucks or not. I've never been to one. Oh we have Starbucks around, but they're not part of my habit.

Ahhh Geeee BB, I was thinkin' I would like to be jus' like you when I grow up. Problem: I'm already an old fart n' likely will never grow up! :D:D

johnnyz48

Cadet

fighting for peace is the same as having sex for chastity. I will probably get beat up for that statement but it is true. I make my own coffee

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Hmmm.....​

You can start flagellating, btw......:):)

aspeck

Staff member

Don't care for Starbucks - there standard blends are too acidic (bitter) for me. They have a couple of blends that are okay, but I don't like their prices.

Brew me own at home - prefer Gevalia, or get the raw beans from Maria Anna's in California and roast them myself.

I know try to limit myself to one cup a day - I just decide if I want to fill the 24 oz Travel Mug, or the 36 oz mug! By noon, when it is gone, I am a happy man! :D

OldMercsRule

Captain

Don't care for Starbucks - there standard blends are too acidic (bitter) for me. They have a couple of blends that are okay, but I don't like their prices.

Brew me own at home - prefer Gevalia, or get the raw beans from Maria Anna's in California and roast them myself.

I know try to limit myself to one cup a day - I just decide if I want to fill the 24 oz Travel Mug, or the 36 oz mug! By noon, when it is gone, I am a happy man! :D

Hey Aspeck, I don't go to the trouble of brewin' my own, (we get "Seattles' Best") in Restaurant packets at the store n' brew n' hold in air pots, (unless we are at RR island where we perk a pot). Starbucks now owns Seattles' Best who used to compete with 'em, n' the brew is very strong n' tastes very good, n' I like it as much as spending $4-5 at some stand, (which I'm far to cheap to do). I have had a couple of kidney stones over the last ten years, (not a fun things for those who know), and me Doc said the 10-20 cups I used to inhale when I was a Stock Broker was not helping, (as coffee is a diuretic),n' lack of hydration was me problem.

I only drink one cup per day, (maybe 2 if I forget to stop), n' I'm now longer addicted so if I miss a day or two no big deal. Me Sweetie is a different matter, (Latte stands galore). JR