oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: sold a boat and it busted!

K guys here we go!
round three!

CharlieB

Vice Admiral

Short note to let you know that you have a 'new' subscriber to this Soap Opera.

May I PM you with a few statagy suggestions, motions to be made.

Small Claims is totally different than Civil Court, now real rules apply but.... the game has strict rules and timing is required.

Ultimately you will prevail but it will take time and expenses will be incurred.

Countersuit MUST be filed, you're talking what's going to be some serious expense, over-all don't be surprised if this reaches close to 10 before it is all done and over. Filing the countersuit in the District Civil Court will force them to seek counsel who will in all probabilitiy warn them that they have very little/no real grounds to prevail.

Go for the throat and take NO prisoners.

country_bumpkin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Short note to let you know that you have a 'new' subscriber to this Soap Opera.

May I PM you with a few statagy suggestions, motions to be made.

Small Claims is totally different than Civil Court, now real rules apply but.... the game has strict rules and timing is required.

Ultimately you will prevail but it will take time and expenses will be incurred.

Countersuit MUST be filed, you're talking what's going to be some serious expense, over-all don't be surprised if this reaches close to 10 before it is all done and over. Filing the countersuit in the District Civil Court will force them to seek counsel who will in all probabilitiy warn them that they have very little/no real grounds to prevail.

Go for the throat and take NO prisoners.

PM away CB, (the other CB) Thanks!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

c b
may i suggest, as i did with our "new subcriber" that you keep all corrispondence between you two thru your lawyers.

BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN WE WANT TO BE CUT OUT OF THE LOOP!
please keep us posted.
as I asked "nubster", can you please post bill of sale that says "as is".
he says it didnt contain that clause

I still believe "as is" means "as is"
if "as is" is prooven. ill anti up!

Cheers
oops

thrasher

Chief Petty Officer

oops, I think you have the wrong end of the stick. Newbster did NOT buy CB's boat, he bought a completely different boat from a different person, he just made a reference to this post in his email, but he has nothing to do with CB's boat.

Gary

dmcb

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yes Opps, please reread the other forum. It ISN"T the same boat or same people.
You should edit your posts to avoid confusion.
Doug

country_bumpkin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes Opps, please reread the other forum. It ISN"T the same boat or same people.
You should edit your posts to avoid confusion.
Doug

Just noticed oops!'s sign off, "cheers"..........maybe that's the source of the confusion :D

KeysJack

Cadet

Wow, unreal the nerve of some people. I just bought an atc250r trike (as is of course) that ran great on my test ride (scary fast in fact), the next day I took it out for a rippin run up my block and the connecting rod cap let go TEN minutes into my first ride as its new owner.

I never even thought of trying to get my money back, just started tearing it down and calculating the bill...

country_bumpkin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmmmm, with a little effort I managed to get the original BOS uploaded as a jpeg. I think it's okay to show this, let me know if anyone thinks otherwise. All personal information has been white'd out.

20071031093414389_0001.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner

One thing to remember here is that just because something is in writing it does not legally remove all risk. For example, people sue Ski Areas for injuries all the time although every ticket says there are natural and inherent dangers with the use of this ticket . . . The point being that the Judge still gets to decide if there was any negligence or misrepresentation.

Although I think this whole deal is carp, there is a lot of emphasis on the engine's condition in the add language. I could see how it could be argued that it was the key to the sale and so the kid was duped. Ultimately I think the stupid arse ran her to destruction which is not covered by a new engine warranty either, but there ya go . . .

country_bumpkin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Although I think this whole deal is carp, there is a lot of emphasis on the engine's condition in the add language. I could see how it could be argued that it was the key to the sale and so the kid was duped.

Well, no doubt my opinion as to the condition of the engine was positive. That was the "judge's" reason for ruling in the kid's favor. I posted it here to keep this whole thing objective. If I did something wrong, then shame on me. I contend that it was my opinion based on the way it performed the 2 years I owned it.

Ultimately I think the stupid arse ran her to destruction which is not covered by a new engine warranty either, but there ya go . . .

Exactly.

I'm gonna lay low for awhile, this whole thing is getting kinda old. I will post when I have a date for the appeal. BTW this is also posted on a legal website and the last two comments were for appeal.

http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=369614

oops!

Supreme Mariner

burp! (padding the post and view count)

soo sorry about my terrible mistake !
too many direct references to this post. too many similarities,
not enough sleep!

NOT ENOUGH CORONA!

If i had any dignity that would have been humilating!:D

CB thanks for posting bill of sale anyhow!

CHEERS!
oops

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

and said "this is Mickey Mouse Court, an appeal would be held accross the street where the big boys play"

An appeal is being filed.

No doubt, not even a real judge, just Minnie Mouse.

Hitech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did you appeal? Did I miss something?

country_bumpkin

Petty Officer 1st Class

The appeal has been filed. Hence the judgement against me has been erased. Most likely nothing will happen until sometime next year.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Hang in there and enjoy the holidays. As my grandad used to say..."We live in interesting times"...somehow or another, that's always true.

country_bumpkin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hang in there and enjoy the holidays. As my grandad used to say..."We live in interesting times"...somehow or another, that's always true.

Thanks TM,
I've had so many mixed emotions about this situation. I think I'm softening a bit, just a bit. "Interesting times", yes always. This is no longer a distraction for me. There are so many other things in our lives that need attention.

I will still keep this thread updated.

CB

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Glad to hear you are doing well CB. Try to take something good from all of this and not walk away with any of the other party's "baggage." Life is too short to let others hinder your journey through it. Enjoy the season.

Caveman Charlie

Chief Petty Officer

Glad to hear you are doing well CB. Try to take something good from all of this and not walk away with any of the other party's "baggage." Life is too short to let others hinder your journey through it. Enjoy the season.

Ya, bad things sometimes happen to good people. But, you have to be able to let it slide off you.

I have a friend that everything sticks too and he never gets over it. Now he's 42 years old, he lives alone, sets out on his porch cussing at the wind, and shaking his fist at people as they drive by. Don't become like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.