Another example of style over substance.

Coors

Captain
Re: Another example of style over substance.

c,mon cjy, if you pulled the bs on the warden, the same as you pull it on us- you would walk.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

No they were not. You said he reimbursed the campaign.

Yeah, after he got caught!

BTW, I am willing to bet he is the only politician to ever misspend campaign funds.

No, but many others, that you refer to, have not spent their politcal life pandering to the poooooooor working man.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

c,mon cjy, if you pulled the bs on the warden, the same as you pull it on us- you would walk.

I'm not too sure about that one. From what I have heard, if you get caught doing dumb stuff on their watch, they take everything, not just the fish. A risk I won't soon take. :)

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"No, but many others, that you refer to, have not spent their politcal life pandering to the poooooooor working man."

That appears to be a bit irrelevant. Either you believe it's wrong for all, or you don't. BTW, how much is ok to steal?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

"No, but many others, that you refer to, have not spent their politcal life pandering to the poooooooor working man."

That appears to be a bit irrelevant. Either you believe it's wrong for all, or you don't. BTW, how much is ok to steal?

Hey, CJY, it was you Libs that invented different penalties for the same crime! HOW DO YOU SPELL HATE CRIMES?

Of course stealing is wrong, but in the vein of the above, it is all the more poignant when you have a pandering bozo, who really doesn't believe what he say in the first place, so blatantly crossing the line.

Maybe when a parent is allowed to stay home with their child, they can learn to read the character of those that they would vote for. You, CJY, seem to be easily fooled.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

This thread is a......
2003714987829212867_fs.jpg

Last edited:

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

The fact that he paid $400 for a haircut means nothing. Especially since a lot of that $400 was for traveling expenses for the barber/stylist/whateveruwannacallit. I am curious as to how much money every other '08 Presidential candidate spends on their "do's". I would bet it's in the same ballpark if the barber/stylist/whateveruwannacallit has to travel.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Boom,

If I am that easily fooled, why do you have such a difficult time accomplishing it? Things that make you go, hmmmm.

With nearly every thread you post to, your main concern is to discredit every candidate except the one you have sided with. Even if that means you must fabricate stories to fit your agenda. By nature, its what happens when one feels desperate. Since the last elections Boom, your tone has changed. I am certainly not fooled by that. I understand your agenda, and while we may end up voting for the same person in the end, I won't be misled by your story-telling abilities.

I am not on the left side of the fence, or at least if I am, it's not by much. I simply don't argue with the fact some of you place me on the left. In the end, it simply does not matter to me. I am more than willing to take issue though, with anybody so far to one side of the spectrum that the only light they are able to see, is the light they have created. ;)

PW2

Commander

If Edwards can get us out of Iraq, I'm all for $400 haircuts (or $800 ones)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

JB, you are a bit gullable today. With all the BS Boom dreams up, I decided to make some up of my own.

So yes, it is not true. I did not buy it though, I made it up. And then on the hook, I found you. ;)

CJY, I think you're ready for ther big time. This is how most "journalists" get their start, and if they are really good at it (like Dan Rather and Walter Kronkite), they become media icons.
Why waste-away at a blue collar job any longer? Apply today! NBC needs you.
53421527.cindymedia1.jpg

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

CJY, I think you're ready for ther big time. This is how most "journalists" get their start, and if they are really good at it (like Dan Rather and Walter Kronkite), they become media icons.
Why waste-away at a blue collar job any longer? Apply today! NBC needs you.
53421527.cindymedia1.jpg

Only if Boom goes with me. Otherwise, I would never make it. ;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

If Edwards can get us out of Iraq, I'm all for $400 haircuts (or $800 ones)

That would be substance over style. He is a lib. Libs are not capable of that. That is why they make great journalists , movie actors, performers ect.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That would be substance over style. He is a lib. Libs are not capable of that. That is why they make great journalists , movie actors, performers ect.

Did Reagan act? My memory fails me. Oh, that's right, all actors and journalist are libs. How silly of me.

Based on what you have just told us 12, you have just said W would make a better actor. You know, "style over substance." He has not gotten us out, which in your words mean "style over substance."

I think you may be closer to the middle than you want us to believe.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Maybe when a parent is allowed to stay home with their child, they can learn to read the character of those that they would vote for. You, CJY, seem to be easily fooled.

Boom, your logic in this statement defies me. In your "perfect world", all the mommies would stay home and push out brood whilst the daddies would be out slavin' in the coal mines 'n stuff. Sooooo are you saying then that all the men would have no idea about the candidates because they are at work all day, but all the mommies sittin' on their arse in the house while the kiddies are at school would be "well informed"?

I would like to commend you on single handedly condeming all working people to the ranks of idiot because they can't watch the news or whatever after work. Well done. I am guessing, by your logic, that only the wealthy who can afford to sit at home every day researching all forms of media are able to come to intelligent conclusions on the candidates. Your republicanism is hanging out, you better zip your fly...

Who gives four damns what The Breck Girl pays for haircuts. I can gaurantee the Prez does not go to Fantastic Sams....Find Edwards in a back room with an eight year old naked boy while his wife is on chemo, THAT'S an issue...

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

....Find Edwards in a back room with an eight year old naked boy while his wife is on chemo....
That's quite the imagination you've got there :)

I think his point was that children raised by an at home parent have more ability to judge character. You could not have misunderstood or misinterpreted the message if you tried... or did you?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Did Reagan act? My memory fails me. Oh, that's right, all actors and journalist are libs. How silly of me.

Based on what you have just told us 12, you have just said W would make a better actor. You know, "style over substance." He has not gotten us out, which in your words mean "style over substance."

I think you may be closer to the middle than you want us to believe.
And to his grave, Reagan was accused of "dying his thick, black hair" by the libs, wasn't he?
It was proven false, but it sure was fun to laugh at these idiots every time they whined about it... Sorta like when they wail that "Bush stole the elections" or "Bush bombed the WTC" . :) oh lawdy! :)

I'll now make the statement that "tall Africans make better basetball players than short Messicans.
Being a lib, you will immediately rail at that statement, seeing the "prejudice" in it. Won't you?
Of course you will.
All the while, knowing it is absolute proven fact, these facts will be ignored (or even worse, BURRIED) in order to do your "railing".
This is EXACTLY the way Dingy Harry and the Breck girl debate things also. It's the way things are. You and I cannot change our personality very easily. Nor can Pelosi. But we can dang-sure point out their plasticity when it becomes blatent enough to laugh at, and then -- laugh our axes off. :)

Not all Iranians are terrorists either, CJY. But they gain notoriety by joining and participating in the Iraq "insergency", don't they? I was speaking in general terms, but I know how badly you want to defend the pretty boy and his 400 dollar hairdo. And that's fine.

But yes, libs do indeed make MUCH better artists, actors (as seen on the senate floor), ambulance chasers and band members than they do doctors, presidents and pipe fitters. They should avoid such proffessions as they should senate seats, or any other reality-based occupations. :)
Liberal politicians have not yet been placed in the politically-correct book of calling spades "spades"... But then, just as it has somehow become prejudiced , or politically incorrect to use "Mexicans" and "short" in the same sentence, :) (I'm rollin over here), and given the political drive to mainstream media-produced BS, they soon will be.
I'll have to make sure to censure myself when the time comes :)