Crownline Roll Call!!

Steve248ccr

Recruit
Re: Crownline Roll Call!!

Well...better late than never! I bought a 1998 248CCR in October 2011. My 1st boat. It has 227 freshwater hours on the 7.4 Mercruiser 454 and Bravo 3. The thing looks in excellent condition and runs fine. It's white with black accents. I'm putting it in saltwater at the beach for this upcoming Summer season in Delaware. It's a really clean boat. But I do have a bunch of "future" questions I'm sure. I don't have a 1998 specific owners manual...but that seems to be par for the course. As I come up with questions and concerns it would be nice to know someone who actually owns the same boat......and that might be you. So.....stay tuned for my input down the road. Question #1: Inside the cabin area, underneath the sink and small countertop, there is a bank of 4 switches. The 1st 3 switches operate a variety of lights. I can't figure out what the 4th switch is for? Thanks. Steve

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Switch #4 provides power to the fresh water pump for the sink(s). If your water pressure fluxuates too much for your liking, add a 1 liter size accumulator tank. Water pressure will be more uniform and the pump won't turn on/off as often. The 20 amp fuse which provides power to the bank of 4 switches is located in an in-line fuse holder coming off the common terminal of the battery switch, through a red colored 8 ga. wire.

drakula

Recruit

I have a 1995 Crownline Cruiser 250cc. The vinyl on the sides are cracked and worn down. Does anyone know how to take the side panels and the back off so that I can reupholster all the vinyl? The middle seat console was easy but the sides dont seem to have screws or an entrance to pop them off.
Help....

BigDave13

Cadet

New to the forum and would like to the list of Crownline owners. I just purchased my first boat one week ago today. It's a 2009 Crownline 220 w/Merc 350 bravo III/ 300 HP with dual prop. I have the "extreme razor" pkg that comes with factory reverse wake tower. She sure is pretty!! Can't wait to take her out. Everyone asks me if I named her yet but I haven't had time, head is still spinning..lol I was used to running couple seadoo's for the last 15 years and finally switched over to the Big Boy Toy!! I still have my ski's, just my kids run them now. My back can't take it no more..lol anyways jus thought I'd put my 2 cents in and introduce myself. Once I figure out how to post pic's I'll do so. Have a good night all!!

AJSVFORCE

Seaman Apprentice

First boat,1997 240BR,7.4L Mercruiser 330 Hp,Bravo three. Very surprised at how quick a 4,300Lb boat can get up on plane!!! Love the boat,having issues on buying anything other than universal fit. Had to get a new cover,and went to a ton of sites lots of Crownlines listed but never the 240Br! And its not just covers,anybody got a clue as to why this is???

mcmartin

Recruit

I sold my 1999 Fourwinns Horizon 190 and got a brand new 2012 Crownline 195SS in black reverse gelcoat, extreme razor graphics with Merc 4.3 MPI. I love everything about it except the awful stern wander at slow speeds. Anyone else have this issue?

BigDave13

Cadet

I sold my 1999 Fourwinns Horizon 190 and got a brand new 2012 Crownline 195SS in black reverse gelcoat, extreme razor graphics with Merc 4.3 MPI. I love everything about it except the awful stern wander at slow speeds. Anyone else have this issue?

I have a 2009 Crownline 220 LS merc 350 extreme razor package w/rev tower. Beautiful boat but ur right, I thought it was jus me. Kinda fishtails all over the place. I guess I jus gotta get used to it. Other than that, I love it.

TSayles

Recruit

Hi folks,
The wife and I just bought a well cared for 2000 210ccr 5.0L Volvo. She is cleaning up to like new and we are loving the layout. She cruised during the sea trail at 41-42mph with full down trim and cut through our own wake like butter, I was impressed with the ride and handling. Well, glad to be on the forum and looking forward to chatting in the future.

milesstrong

Recruit

Hello All,

Wondered if you could give me some advice. Ive been looking at all the banter and it is really useful, so thanks.

Im trying to buy a 266CCr, which is moored in Spain, I'm UK based.

The owners manual is in Spanish so I really could do with finding one in English. Does anyone have an idea how ?

There are a few downloadable OM's for Crownlines but none specific to the boat i am interested in.

I would also greatly appreciate any input as to whether this is generally considered to be an 'OK' boat, or is it one to steer clear off maybe ?

Anyway thanks in advance if anyone can help at all..

Miles.

jasona

Seaman Apprentice

i am awaiting delivery on my new 2012 18ss! should have in a week.
will post pics when i have them.

Roger of Wylie

Recruit

Thinking about purchasing a 2007 Crownline 220 Bowrider with the Volvo 5.0 gxi engine. Can anyone provide any advise?

kingbutthd

Recruit

I have a 1995 202BR. When making hard turns, usually pulling a tuber, water comes in thru the side "vent holes" which are inside the "Crown" which you can see in the photo. atleast thats where I think the water is coming from...any comments? Having water splash into the boat like that is kind of annoying...

What is that vent hole for?

I'm on my second Crownline as well. First one was a new 1998 202BR with a Volvo 5.7L engine and SX outdrive. Currently have a 2003 266CCR with a Merc 496MAG / Bravo 3 outdrive running XR props.

For 75TowerOfPower.....The 202BR is a nice boat but can get a little rough in choppy water. A 225BR handles rough water a little better. Crownlines built since 1998 use XL rated plywood which has a lifetime warranty against rot. Older models need to be looked over for soft spots in the flooring and around the motor mounts as they did not use the XL plywood. The in dash cooler on the port side is best used as a glove compartment. If used as a cooler, the ice melts pretty fast. Over all the 202BR is a nice boat with plenty of storage space. The entire rear bench seat will tip/flip forward for better/increased access around the engine and access to the fuel sending unit.

For Dean22..... The 248CCR should do quite well in rough water as it is the little brother to the 266. The owners manuals tend to be very generic and are not boat model specific. The current version of the owners manual can be downloaded from the Crownline website. The 248 will handle quite nice with the Bravo 3 outdrive. Bravo 3 XR props (4 blade front prop and 3 blade rear prop) will make the boat really pop up on plane. I have scanned my 2003 owners manual and can e-mail it to you if you would like it.

Attachments

• Crown.jpg
    Crown.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1

jasona

Seaman Apprentice

took delivery of my 2012 18ss in onyx.
man is it fun!
not great at posting pics on this forum, but there is a pic in my signature

canadianwhiskey

Recruit

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and Crownline. Always like the boat and decided to upgrade from my Jet boat. We pick up a 2002 180BR with the 4.3 Merc. Only 270hrs on it. Great boat and a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Gord
Ontario, Canada

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 1

kwalshinflag

Recruit

Checking in on the roll call. We bought our first boat this summer and are enjoying the heck of it. Picked up a 2000 Crownline 180BR for a great price. We've been to lake Powell many times and are loving beach camping. I even took up wake boarding (which is totally sick for an old fart like myself). We are sad the season is coming to an end but it is the time of the year to start thinking about that white cold stuff. Looking forward to next summer.

Barboots

Cadet

Hi, I'm a recent Crownline owner in Perth, Western Australia. The boat is a 2009 19SS Bowrider with a 260Hp Merc 5.0 MPI, purchased with fifty something hours on it. I've only had it out twice so far, once for a slow cruise up the Swan River and another for an afternoon heading to Fremantle where I got to enjoy the powerplant quite a bit more. My uses will be lounging around, picnicing, skiing and wakeboarding.

Before heading out I added a Alpine amp, which drives an 8" Bazooka I also use in my 4WD. That said, the Sony speakers still have to go!

Projects on the "high priority" list include extending the coverage of the bimini, and fitting something to fix the low speed wander the boat demonstrates in no-wake zones. As there are plenty of these areas in the river, it's simply not a case of living with it. Minimising correction just doesn't work... though pre-empting it rather than responding to it does. My next post will probably be about wandering solutions :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Steve

IMAG0286.jpg

mikehiler

Cadet

Well, I suppose I should post here. I spend most of my time at the "HQ" Anyway, I've got a 97 210CCR with just under 400 hours on it. 5.7LX that runs strong, and an alpha drive. I get 49 MPH on the GPS. I've had her for three seasons now, and mechanically, she's pretty near perfect. Have a rich idle to deal with, but that's it. This winter, she's going under the knife so to speak. I have a feeling I'm going to learn how to restring a boat.

I'll probably create a post to document the progress, or update it on my blog. Catch you later!