Crownline Roll Call!!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Crownline Roll Call!!

ok 5.0 is a very good motor but it will be a little underpowered for my tastes, the out drive is a Bravo III which will help the smaller 5.0L motor a LOT! getting up on plane is all out drive and it should be no surprise that yours gets out of the water quickly since you have a premium out drive, you will probably see the limitations of the motor at the top end with a load, I am guessing with two passengers your boat will see the 50 MPH area but the more people you take the less top end you will have, the 5.0 doesn't have the torque to push the top end, of course that will depend on where you live also if your here in Colorado boating at 5000' elevation you will see it pretty clearly where as if your at sea level not so much, plenty of air and heavier water for the out drive to dig in. Make no mistake I think your going to have a great boat and it will do just fine.

Can't wait to see the pics!

pjf12

Cadet

Thank you for your reply. I have a 5.0 Mercruiser with a Bravo 1 outdrive. I believe it is 260 hp. It does have the duo props with trim tabs. When I test drove the boat it got up on plane quick, which was nice. I will send photos once the boat is in the water for the season.

My apologies, it has an Alpha 1 outdrive. Honestly I don't know the difference between either. I bought the boat as a suprise for my husband and frankly it looked beautiful, nice and roomy and I know he likes Crownlines! Putting it in the water in 2 weeks and keeping my fingers crossed :):happy:

1999 Crownline

Recruit

IMG_20130511_075640.jpgIMG_20130511_181917.jpgDSC00150.jpg
So I have repowered my 1999 Crownline 202 that had a cracked block. I had a guy out of Michigan (Brian Labertaux). If you need a repower contact him. I had him put a mercrusier 355 with 350hp. I have to break it in so I am not sure of the top speed.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

My apologies, it has an Alpha 1 outdrive. Honestly I don't know the difference between either. I bought the boat as a suprise for my husband and frankly it looked beautiful, nice and roomy and I know he likes Crownlines! Putting it in the water in 2 weeks and keeping my fingers crossed :):happy:

Does your boat have dual props? if so its a Bravo III

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

View attachment 193735View attachment 193738View attachment 193739
So I have repowered my 1999 Crownline 202 that had a cracked block. I had a guy out of Michigan (Brian Labertaux). If you need a repower contact him. I had him put a mercrusier 355 with 350hp. I have to break it in so I am not sure of the top speed.

I think you are in the solid 50MPH+ range depending on your outdrive and how much water the boat has on board, if its a dry boat and propped right 55 MPH+ after break in.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Yes it does have duo props, thank you.

ok if its a mercruiser then you have a Bravo III, not an Alpha, Bravo III is a premium drive for any boat as would be the Volvo Duoprop, this out drive is best known for getting your boat out of the water and on plane even with heavier loads and heavier boats, your going to love this out drive for water sports.

pjf12

Cadet

Wow thank you so much for the info, I can't wait until next weekend to get it in the water.

djen223

Recruit

1993 crownline 225ccr 5.7 Omc cobra loving it it has been well taking care off , it's new to me this year

havasujim

Recruit

Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring of crownies! We have a 239 DB with the 6.2 mercruiser and bravo III. We enjoy every minute on the water we can get!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

PICS guys we need to see the PICS!!!!

Of your boat......

Merc4ever

Petty Officer 1st Class

0808121704.jpg

225 CCR cuddy with a 6.2 litre that has captains call exhaust out the back, fuel injected Mercruiser of coarse, and a Bravo 1 drive. I was told she goes over 65 with no passengers but I haven't tried yet. I'm happy at 40 and cruise at around 30 because my tank stays full there for a long time.

pjf12

Cadet

I just purchased the exact same boat you have. It has a 5.0 Merc with a Bravo 3 outdrive, yours? Worried it may be underpowered, how does yours run?

mcp6530

Recruit

Hi Everyone,

Proud new member of the crownline club - Just picked up a 2013 E4. Looking forward to lots of fun and memories with my new crownline. 20130609_123003.jpg

20130608_144956 (1).jpg

Azores

Recruit

Hey everyone I'm currently looking at a 2005 crownline 270 cr boat looks in new condition with only 40 hours on it and fully loaded including air and generator also has the 6.2 bravoIII engine this will be my first boat and I'm just looking for any feedback or if any body has the same boat and what they think about it any info would be greatly helpful thanks

Last edited:

Nickemannen

Cadet

Hi everyone!

I?m a new owner to a 225 ccr with the big V8 7.4 liters. I love the boat... have had fourwinns earlier but this beaty is great!
She?s the queen of the sea ;O) The only thing that?s bad is the prop, it?s a 23" and I think it?s to big because she takes a while to leave off, Any ideas of a great prop for me?

I have heard that the Mirage Plus 21P is optimal for this boat, can it be true?

Best regards from Sweden!