Crownline Roll Call!!

Merc4ever

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Crownline Roll Call!!

Hey pjf12 I think a 5.0 is plenty, mine is overpowered (if there is such a thing). I think a 4.6 would work, over 30 is just a waste of fuel and you can never win any race with these boats that's not what there made for. But to me 30 is a good speed boat speed.

Merc4ever

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi everyone!

I?m a new owner to a 225 ccr with the big V8 7.4 liters. I love the boat... have had fourwinns earlier but this beaty is great!
She?s the queen of the sea ;O) The only thing that?s bad is the prop, it?s a 23" and I think it?s to big because she takes a while to leave off, Any ideas of a great prop for me?

I have heard that the Mirage Plus 21P is optimal for this boat, can it be true?

Best regards from Sweden!

Bravo III with duo prop really digs in for a start that will launch you out of the water. I don't have one but I've seen them in action. Be carefull when you change the pitch you might turn it into a stump pulling fast starter but it will be like a tractor and you can loose economy and top end speed because you rev to high once you get going. You have to find a happy medium unless you get one that changes the pitch when starting out. (They do make them like that also)

Yachtsman1304

Seaman

Greetings! I have a 1999 205 CCR with the 5.0 Mercruiser. I am from northern Michigan so my season is.....short

IMG_0006.jpg

kris_usa

Recruit

Greetings. I'm very happy with my 2005 CR270 (5.7 Volvo Penta)
20130413_135716.jpg

glideride113

Recruit

Newbie, 1997 250CR, 454. BIII drive, Cream with tan sides. 109.6 hrs. This boat sat a lot and it is not a cherry as thought to be. So far have replaced tilt/trim bracket, it was rusted off the floor and sliding around, eng hatch brackets and supports. Replaced and corrected GFI breaker and some panel wiring,removed power switch and ran new leads to new batteries since the old batt.s:embarassed: were leaking. Wet sanded,compounded and wax hull, steam cleaned fabrics.Installed bow mounted SS fender holders, SS anchor , Next project is to replace depth gauge and install new air horn system ..All I can say is when I get thrue with her , she will be awesome......BTW, I posted a thread trying to access inside the helm, any ideas go over and fill me in please...

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Newbie, 1997 250CR, 454. BIII drive, Cream with tan sides. 109.6 hrs. This boat sat a lot and it is not a cherry as thought to be. So far have replaced tilt/trim bracket, it was rusted off the floor and sliding around, eng hatch brackets and supports. Replaced and corrected GFI breaker and some panel wiring,removed power switch and ran new leads to new batteries since the old batt.s:embarassed: were leaking. Wet sanded,compounded and wax hull, steam cleaned fabrics.Installed bow mounted SS fender holders, SS anchor , Next project is to replace depth gauge and install new air horn system ..All I can say is when I get thrue with her , she will be awesome......BTW, I posted a thread trying to access inside the helm, any ideas go over and fill me in please...

Good LORD!! Got to see pics of this!

Stimulated!

Cadet

Hi, new member from Melbourne, Australia! We have a 180BR called Stimulated!, we've had her for 3 years, we get loads of use out of her during our summer, the kids are really getting into kneeboarding and wakeboarding.

I used to be a member of the forum on the Crownline website but that seems to have disappeared years ago.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Hi, new member from Melbourne, Australia! We have a 180BR called Stimulated!, we've had her for 3 years, we get loads of use out of her during our summer, the kids are really getting into kneeboarding and wakeboarding.

I used to be a member of the forum on the Crownline website but that seems to have disappeared years ago.
Yeah the Team Crownline forum went south a while back and now the HQ is considered the Owners Forum but you are on there already so you are good to go, Nice pics and welcome to iboats!!

thumpar

Admiral

I got mine in August. These boats are great quality.

ManDak

Recruit

After about a year of looking, researching, and soul searching, we are pleased to announce the arrival of our new 2014 Crownline E2! Custom ordered to all our wants and desires! She is sooo beautiful! :D

ResizedImage_1388798918623 copy.jpg ResizedImage_1388798919176.jpg ResizedImage_1388798918933.jpg

It's going to be a long 4 months up here in the North Country!

ManDak

Recruit

That was my husbands call, I just picked the trim, color and options! :)
I believe he ordered it with a 350 Mag Bravo III - what ever that means..lol It should be able to drag a few people around the lake.

glideride113

Recruit

Very nice, especially with the BravoIII, I think you can drag about 6 with that package.....

Sportster61

Cadet

Hi, to whoever's out there. I'm totally new to this forum, but have been reading many of your comments and found them very interesting and informative.
I guess I'm pretty excited because we just left a deposit on a 2000 248 Crownline bowrider. We really hadn't been looking at Crownline's or this exact style of boat, i.e. other similar size bowriders, but when we saw it, we really fell in love with it. It has such clean lines, looks so nice and is in such good condition. I guess my only question/concern is with the 18? deadrise, will it handle rough water okay? We plan to mostly boat on a lake and occasionally on the river, but there's also those few times when I would like to just venture a little into the ocean, on a calm day, and just cruise up and down the shoreline. If possible, I'd really like to hear feedback from someone with this particular model boat. Thanks so much. Bill

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I don't know anyone with that specific boat besides well me....

Rest assured that boat will be fine in rough water, she has a big butt is what we say, a fat bottomed girl and so she cuts through waves very well, I think you will be very happy with your choice, the 248 is a great choice, lots of storage, lots of sunbathing area and plenty of bow with a combination of weight to handle the waves.

Is it the perfect choice for the ocean? No, but I think you will be fine.

Be sure to post pics! I love my 248!

jcrukcats

Recruit

Just bought a 97 Crownline 225 CCR, Loving it! Came from a Wellcraft 210 sl and it's a big step up in styling and quality, (and I liked the Wellcraft). Feel like I found a good one...one owner, 209hr, 5.7 merc w Bravo 3 outdrive. all service records and kept on a covered dock lift.
Anyway, excited to be a Crownie! crown1.jpgcrown2.jpgcrown4.jpgcrown5.jpg

Sportster61

Cadet

Thanks so very much for the reply. I really love the looks of the boat. But, I do wonder if the lower bow line will take a little getting used to. I spoke to Crownline dealer and he explained it had to do with visibility. I also asked if that made it a wetter ride and he assured me it was not. I have really only heard good things about the boat. One of the main things about this boat was the condition. It seems to be in excellent condition. Only 155 hours, fresh water and garage kept. It has the 5.7 Volvo (do wish it was big block) with duoprop, tabs, extra graphics (black stripe with gold), porta potty (very very tight), wrap around seating, captains choice and a nice roller trailer. It does have carpet and my other boat (I'll be selling) is an older Four Winns 190 Horizon, which had a fiberglass cockpit liner. I did like that for cleaning and protection of the, I guess, plywood floor. However, I have seen where you have commented about the rot proof plywood, so that makes me feel better. I think this is going to be a huge step up for me, that is going from a 19 foot boat to an almost 25 foot boat. Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention absolutely how much the gel coat shines. There's not a scratch, I mean really not a scratch and it shines as if it were right off the showroom floor. I think we really looked at a lot of boats before deciding on this one. But, none of them looked as nice. Thanks again for your response. I hope to pick it up this Sunday, if its not raining. I'll post some pictures then. Best, Bill