daily music fix

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Saw Nick Shoulders last night, kinda hard to describe his music, perhaps real old country infused with current themes. He is a yodels, he whistles and writes good lyrics puts on a great show. Cody Jenks is on the agenda tonight.

southkogs

Staff member
Lost one of the greats yesterday:

I wasn't a huge fan of her music, but she's got a great reputation as a fine human being.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Lost one of the greats yesterday:

I wasn't a huge fan of her music, but she's got a great reputation as a fine human being.
In the 70s I too, wasn't a fan of Country, I Hated it. In the late 80s Pop Music was in the Toilet, and then cRap came along. In comparison, I loved Country(even though my opinion of it, was really no Different). It did grow on me over the years, and I can now even listen to the stuff from the 70s. But I still prefer Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Deep Purple, when I need Relaxation.

As for Ms Lynn, RIP

southkogs

Staff member
I do better with older country, even back to old cowboy music. But living in Nashville, you kinda' can't help but like it a little bit: catchin' the famous folk playing live around town you gain a new appreciation for them as musicians.

Loretta had a ranch / resort out west of Nashville, and she would regularly help people in need due to disasters by giving them a place to stay for a while. Like Dolly Parton, Larry Gatlin and a good list of others, she had a reputation for being a genuinely nice person.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Weird Al Yankovic, has proven to be a Constant the past 40+ Years. He and his Band actually have a lot more Talent, than most of those they Parody

Audio Clips of him covering other songs

dwco5051

Commander
Just realized how old I am tonight when it came to me that it was 45 years since the plane crash that killed Ronnie VanZandt. October 20, 1977 another day the music died.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
left two columns are just to get to paris. right one is the rest of the trip with twice as many airports. Lots of cash spent at airport bars....

1668866874257.png

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Jessi Colter was a quite the Cutie, even with the goofy Hairdo