What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRS

Commander
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

If I dare go to havasu during the 4th the only Pretty woman I will be looking at is my Wife. :D

Were a Non Drinking Family so No DD needed.

Me to but if you go under the bridge you will have to peak alittle:D

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

^^^
yes, i too am dedicated to one woman, but the woman in lake havasu are impossible not to look at... i mean its instinct...

no where else will you find that many absolutely gorgeous woman, college girls to rich housewives... in one spot.
*ok done with my awesome havasu eye candy rant*

i would be totally into a little group camp / boating weekend at bartlett... sounds like a blast.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

^^^
yes, i too am dedicated to one woman, but the woman in lake havasu are impossible not to look at... i mean its instinct...

no where else will you find that many absolutely gorgeous woman, college girls to rich housewives... in one spot.
*ok done with my awesome havasu eye candy rant*

i would be totally into a little group camp / boating weekend at bartlett... sounds like a blast.

Hey I'm not Blind. :eek: I like looking at the menu but just don't get caught. LOL

Whats up with Havasu and all these gorgeous woman. Where do they come from?

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

Hey guys I know it's been a while, but I have since moved to PHX and can't wait to go test some of these observations about the AZ lakes.

Lakemeadan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lake Mead is my favorite Arizona lake, 10 miles from my home in Nevada. I launch and boat over to Arizona where less people are. If you beach in Arizona, beware of the stubborn wild donkeys that are hard to shooo away when they smell your burgers. You may have to get ornery with them but it sure beats the 2 legged creatures on the Vegas side.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

At Lake Pleasant for the weekend in the RV. It is beautiful here and the fish seem pretty active. Doesn't seem overly crowded yet. I can't wait to bring a boat. Aren't there wild donkey's in the city too? They drive like idiots and cut you off. :)

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hahaha,
we have been camping at every major lake in arizona and i have never had a problem with donkeys... it sounds awesome though...
i would ride one if it came up to me...haha

im very ready to get back on the lake...

dizzy1

Seaman

Lately its been Canyon for me. Its close, can go out at any time during the day and find a good spot. The wood was bad in the beginning of the year, but haven't seen much lately. Kids love beaching at the camp ground or the back beach so it works. Also water always seems warmer at Canyon compared to the others.

Anyone that normally goes to Saguaro, is the sandy beach in the back of the lake good this year? Wasn't sure if with all the snow pack melting this year if the level was up and if the beach was still there? How's the party been out there? Looking for a grownup day out soon so might have to go back there with my favorite party chicks. ;)

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer

good to hear canyon has cleaned up. Sandy beach at Saguaro is great this year. The level is down a few feet from spring, and the beach is usable once more.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Finally got out to the lake after 5 weeks of inactivitiy because of traveling for work. This time it was saguro. Felt good to get out of the water.

For the comments for canyon. I will never go out to canyon during the summer. The winter yes but during the summer no. There is still to much floating wood for me unless for some reason in the last two months it has cleared up. I like boating through the canyon walls but not at plane speed because of fear of hitting wood. Slow cruising during the winter is wonderful

dizzy1

Seaman

Well the wood was back this week at Canyon, water on the camp area was down quite a bit, never seen the beach so large in years. So not sure if they adjusted the damns to flow out, but wood was there. Also must say the crowds of people have gotten agressive. Lots of drunks and dummies this past Saturday, not to mention seven jetskis decided to anchor behind us from the beach making it impossible to get out from the beach. When asked to move lets just say they were drunk and low on the IQ list so they responded with the standard cave man 'f u'. Almost was going to be an altercation. Luckily their drunk girl friends sobered for a second and told them to move. Though the one did start with my girl and my buddies girls. Going to start hitting Saguaro to avoid this, boating is supposed to be relaxing, not arguments and craziness.

AZSeville

Seaman Apprentice

Go to Roosevelt, it's worth the drive. Especially on the weekends!

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i have been trying to save enough cash to get to Mohave... working less than 10 hours a week is brutal... its super hot but the water is perfect temp and nice and clear...

my boats a little small to go tackling to big basin (i have been out there in 4-6 foot swells on my dads boat) and that would sink my little boat... but its still nice to stay close to shore and find one of the countless beaches....

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anyone Going out Labor Day weekend?
Where are you going?

I havent decided yet.

woolznaz

Cadet

We'll be on Bartlett for sure. Stop and say hello if you see us.

Attachments

• bow star qtr mntns small.jpg
    bow star qtr mntns small.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I plan on going to Barlett sometime in Sept. I haven't been to this lake yet.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Hi there woolznaz. The fam and I will be at Bartlett on Sunday. You going to be around? We usually hang out anchored in that large cove directly across from the yellow cliffs ramp.

woolznaz

Cadet

Hi there woolznaz. The fam and I will be at Bartlett on Sunday. You going to be around? We usually hang out anchored in that large cove directly across from the yellow cliffs ramp.

We'll be out either Saturday, Sunday, or maybe both. We'll be in the black South Bay tritoon pictured above. What will you be in? We'll look for you if you let me know.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Ok, cool! I'll be in an 18' off white Sea Ray with a beige bimini. We'll also have our 12' inflatable trampoline set up for the kids. It's bright orange so you'd have a hard time missing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.