What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

im so excited to be heading to Apache soon...
i have had my boat on the water once and worked out some kinks, and now we are going for a 5 dayer on the 7th...
im hoping there wont be too many people because it will be during the week, and not many people like towing on dirt to get there...

gonna be bringing some serious fuel for 5 days of running... :D

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Any that Sheriff Joe Arpaio is not allowed near. :eek:

That guy does more good for our state than you'll ever know. Place would be ridden with derelicts without him. In fact I wish he'd run for governor!
At any rate, QC, maybe I'll see you out at Havasu...prolly not haha.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great Memorial Day weekend at Roosevelt.

We got there late Friday Afternoon. Only a few boaters at the ramp. The lake wasn't too busy over the weekend.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for sharing the Picts. Is that the back side of Canyon Lake Dam.

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer

sweet pics, thanks for sharing. Looks like I may have to venture further up the chain to Roosevelt sometime

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yes thanks for Posting the Picts.

See AZ really has Water. No Fish Though.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

azseville,

are those recent pics? im heading to apache on sunday and the srp water report says it is over 3 ft low... you can still motor all the way to the dam markers at that level?

man... seeing those pics got me so excited to go... now i wont be able to sleep... haha

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

azseville,

are those recent pics? im heading to apache on sunday and the srp water report says it is over 3 ft low... you can still motor all the way to the dam markers at that level?

man... seeing those pics got me so excited to go... now i wont be able to sleep... haha

Can you take some Pictures of the dirt road and the Ramp. Would like to get an Idea of the conditions. I will be at Canyon Sunday.

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yes i will definitley be taking some pics...

we are gonna go around to the roosevelt side and in the past have camped at 3 mile cove, so i probably wont see to much of the dirt road, but i will still be taking photos...

AZSeville

Seaman Apprentice

azseville,

Yes the picts are from last month. as you can see, we made it all the way to the dam with no problem. I would just go slow after you see the markers that say "no more markers". I hit a rock at Canyon last Friday and spun my prop hub. We've hit Apache from both directions. The Tortia Flat way is about 8 miles of gravel road to the marina. That drive is a little more curvey and hilly than the Roosevelt way. From the dam, I think it's only about 5 miles to Burnt Corral were we launched. From the dam to the marina it's 12 slow miles. We throw the cover on the boat at either the dam overlook parking area or at Tortia flats so the boat doesn't get all dusty. Have fun!

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

After todays experience, I have to recant my usage of Canyon lake. The conditions there today were absolutely terrible. Lots of debris and floating logs in the water, too much for me to feel safe with running much over barely planing speed. Ran almost all the way up to the dam, and conditions definitely worsened as you got to the no wake zone at the north end of the lake. Scenery is still beautiful, but would not want to trade great scenery for a hole in the hull, or a damaged or destroyed drive anyday. Other than the crap in the water, it was a good day on the lake, relaxing as much as possible and enjoying the holiday weekend.

Sad to say I have to agree with these Comments. The floating Debris in the water made me nervous and Boat Traffic on top of it. We got there about 7:00am yesterday and water Skied and tube for about hr 1.5 in the Larger part of the Lake. The water was perfect. After skiing we went all the way up to the Dam. The Scenery was Great but I hit a Chunk of Wood. I was wasn't too Pleased. After Inspecting the Prop and the Out Drive everything looked good so we went on our marry way. Over all it was a great day to be out on the Water.

David

azirish77

Cadet

I am heading up to Havasu Thursday through Monday. This will be the first time that I have towed my own boat up there. It has been years since I have gone there so I was hoping that somebody may have some insight on where to or not to go. I am staying in a rental house about a mile from the lake. The plan is to load up some coolers, bring the EZ UP and chairs and find a nice beach to chill at for the day. Any advice is appreciated!

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

^^^
make sure you bring lots of ice... it melts quick out in the sun!
and if your drinking be very cautiois or have a DD.... lots of cops at havasu...

up river at the sandbar is a popular party spot as well as copper caynon, and always the canal under the bridge.... the *sceniry* is nice no matter where... (scenery: small bikini)

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

now for my fun haha....

we just got back from 5 days at Apache... it was amazing!
burnt through a ton of gas but we cruised close to 100 miles...

nice and hot for swimming etc, and we were there during the week so the lake had minimal traffic...
i was snapping off pics and didn't realize i had my sunny settings all wrong so not many turned out good.... but here are some decent ones...

heres the lake smooth as glass early monday...
003-14.jpg

horse mesa dam...
030-6.jpg

a couple pictures of "party" cove
022-7.jpg

064.jpg

shwoop_soobie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

what we were calling "beach spot" a bit up river...
112-1.jpg

heres our campsite at 3 mile wash these were taken thursday so more people were showing up...
082-1.jpg

272.jpg

and just some amazing scenery...
087.jpg

241.jpg

240.jpg

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Out at Lake Pleasant.

We arrived there about 7:00am. The ramp wasn't that Busy but when we left at 1:30pm there was alot of activity. It sure was great to be boating in AZ.

Who else did some Weekend boating in AZ?

Attachments

• Baotphoto.jpg
    Baotphoto.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 0

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We had some friends floating around the boat.

Attachments

• ducksphoto.jpg
    ducksphoto.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.