Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

convergent

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

NO SPAMMERS OR SCAMMERS!
Serious inquiries only.

I especially love people putting this in. Of course spammers and scammers would read that and go, "Dang... now I can't try to spam the guy because he said no spammers.". What is the point of wasting electrons to write that? And also... "serious inquiries only". I'm sure the recreational shopper/tire kickers will skip right past this gem of a boat because he wrote that.

With the condition of this boat, he'd be better off begging spammers, scammers, and any breathing soul he can get to come see the boat to talk to him.

Kracken

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gee, I learn something new everyday. 225 hp 4 Cylinder.
:D nice.

1979 Glasstron w Inboard engine and Outdrive / Trailer.....It is about 16 ft long

Great Hull , Great trailer , Large 4 Cylinder Inboard Engine 225 HP , Outdrive both by Mercruiser

Needs Interior work , seat covers , cleaning , etc

Please include a PHONE....Thank You

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/1793280976.html

Aviator5

Chief Petty Officer

Gee, I learn something new everyday. 225 hp 4 Cylinder.
:D nice.

1979 Glasstron w Inboard engine and Outdrive / Trailer.....It is about 16 ft long

Great Hull , Great trailer , Large 4 Cylinder Inboard Engine 225 HP , Outdrive both by Mercruiser

Needs Interior work , seat covers , cleaning , etc

Please include a PHONE....Thank You

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/1793280976.html

It is not just 4 cyl, it is LARGE 4 cyl.:D

Kracken

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My mistake, large 4 cylinder, that explains the 225hp. :D The cylinders must be the size of coffee cans. Why have I been messing with 8 cylinders for all these years?

Philster

Captain

My mistake, large 4 cylinder, that explains the 225hp. :D The cylinders must be the size of coffee cans. Why have I been messing with 8 cylinders for all these years?

Stop buying the 2.3 liter V8's!

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

HA! 225 horses ain't nothin'. How 'bout this one:

Boat with 750 HP Motor & Trailer - $500 (El Rito, NM)
Date: 2010-06-10, 5:24PM MDT

Motor was serviced recently runs great. Boat needs a little work with the seats. It is a nice fixer upper which doesn't need much to get it going. It does not leak and everything else works. Must sell and will sacrifice for $500. The service of the motor cost me $780, the trailer is worth another $300 and the boat at least $300 which would make it a total of $1380 and it is going for $500 final price.

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/boa/1785150273.html

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

Then there's this jewel:

1968 SHORE SOONERCRAFT WITH TRAILER - $1000 (northeast el paso, texas)
Date: 2010-06-02, 11:18PM MDT

1968 Shore Soonercraft (fiberglass) 15ft - 45 horsepower Mercury outboard engine. Boat was taken out to Caballo lake for a fishing trip, ran out of gas on the second day, added wrong fuel mix and stalled out by the edge of the lake. Boat has a small crack by motor side and with 5 heavy people on board, water came in fast and capsized boat. Ever since i re did the electrical wiring from ignition switch to motor, distributor was cleaned and resealed, battery got old and never bought a new battery. Don't know much about boats, so i just want to get rid of it. $1000 was put into the steering system before trip, so its well worth buying. Come see it or call me for more information: Johnny XXX-XXXX. No e-mails please, i really don't check my e-mail.

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/boa/1770265035.html

Sun_and_Steel77

Recruit

:D
Then there's this jewel:

1968 SHORE SOONERCRAFT WITH TRAILER - $1000 (northeast el paso, texas)
Date: 2010-06-02, 11:18PM MDT

1968 Shore Soonercraft (fiberglass) 15ft - 45 horsepower Mercury outboard engine. Boat was taken out to Caballo lake for a fishing trip, ran out of gas on the second day, added wrong fuel mix and stalled out by the edge of the lake. Boat has a small crack by motor side and with 5 heavy people on board, water came in fast and capsized boat. Ever since i re did the electrical wiring from ignition switch to motor, distributor was cleaned and resealed, battery got old and never bought a new battery. Don't know much about boats, so i just want to get rid of it. $1000 was put into the steering system before trip, so its well worth buying. Come see it or call me for more information: Johnny XXX-XXXX. No e-mails please, i really don't check my e-mail.

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/boa/1770265035.html

:D Lets be honest now folks... who here hasn't capsized thier boat a couple times in the past, just a harmless newbie mistake. :rolleyes:

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

^^^^

mmmmuuuuaaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaaa!!!!!!!!

Jerico

Petty Officer 1st Class

Minor technicality to the 'good running'...

http://springfield.craigslist.org/boa/1804874898.html

Good running GM 3.0 eng . The out drive is good. I forgot to winterize it, And the eng. block cracked. If you have a block,you would have a good running engine. Has a manual trolling motor,and a few assy. selling it as is

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

990 replies to this thread...we sure love these ! :D

RRitt

Captain

my all time fav

Attachments

• Halfprice boat.jpg
    Halfprice boat.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0