Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Been a while since I viewed so many boat projects. I guess I need to back track and catch up. Your seats do look great. I have to ask, did you sew them up yourself...been a long time.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Highlife, I try to document the best I can to help others and also learn from feedback.

GM I had someone else sew up the seats, one of the few items I farmed out. But honestly in my build process money well spent. I wouldn't be this far along if I didn't make that decision. Its always time and money.....or throw in you just want to learn to the decision process.

I did work on her tonight, but belive it or not I did grinding! Not a lot but enough to itch! I never cleaned up the side pockets after I tabbed them in. I am going to carpet them and the insides of the gunnels..... So I did a little grinding and sanding....and even a bit of glass work to clean them up.

I also sanded down the area in front of the toe board / front bulkhead. Then vacuumed and wiped it down with a scotchbrite and lacquer thinner / dry rag. Yes I am sure there is a circle with a slash through it for that! But it is cleaned up and ready for some bilge coat tomorrow night. After that a bit more cleaning and the carpet finally goes in!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I painted in front of the toe board, under the upper deck tonight. I may still put some carpet up there later, more like a veco in with a hemmed edge. I used bilge coat.

20180913_185429.jpg

My sign friend showed up today with custom decals! Some for the steering wheel and some for the stern drive. I really only need one of each but the printer he uses has a minimum.....guess I have lots of spares!

20180913_112803.jpg

zool

Captain
The decals look great Arch, but I find myself analyzing the commercial plans the'yre on for some reason...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Lol Zool, just a preliminary as-built site plan I was redlining! Micky, I was really happy with the stickers....may have to put some of them on eBay, cant imagine a demand for them given how old the drive and steering wheel are...but who knows someone might need one of them.

zool

Captain
Lol it is actually a 110,000 S.F. wellhead manufacturing plant. We Okies have a lot of oil and gas stuff around!

I was guessing warehouse space with partial office space upstairs....I have a back room stuffed with old plans....I open a few now and then and hope theyre paying their note!.:eek:......I have to retain all records for 7 years, so they pile up! :D

I am a fan of angled parking tho...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
parking spaces ... you guys always make em too small for trucks , lol, I know I know you got to get a certain number in but dang

zool

Captain
parking spaces ... you guys always make em too small for trucks , lol, I know I know you got to get a certain number in but dang

The truck entrance is usually in the back, just past the neighbors pool.....thats how we roll in Jersey anyway ;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I am a fan of angled parking tho...

You ain’t the only one !
‘Like Mick said they just don’t make them for trucks .. And while we are at it it should be code that any building over 3 stories high should have at least a 12 ‘ x. 6’ service elevator ... They never think about remodeling . Standing up drywall in a 6x6 elevator stinks !
‘Ok rant over ....:joyous:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I got to visit Ok before i die, got too many friends there now not to...most left here to work there, some moved back for family , then there is all the iboaters who are there

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I agree, I drive a full size extend cab truck. OKC's are terrible, 9x18....I have done work in larger cities where they are almost laughable. Some of the cities we work in outside the metro have 9x20s and some have 10x18s or 10x20's. The drawback is site cost is a major expense, and the bigger ones can add up to 20% to your paving numbers. If I had to pick a balance it would be the 10x18s. That extra 1 makes it so much easier to get in and out of them.

We actually had to put drywall, cabinets, and counter tops in the last high-rise I did via crane, through the outside windows! I am sill amazed nothing got dropped!

I went out to the shop and the paint turned out nice. Tonight we get to start prepping for carpet....mainly vacuuming and rounding up the glue!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Forget all the parking issues!! I never see acess panels to chases that contain back to back mens/ladies bathroom chair carriers!!!!
Futher more no access covers in the same back to back bathrooms in the rooms/walls at the end of the horizonatal runs in the chase to clear drains. Always forgotten!:grumpy:

NEVER INSTALL WATERLESS URINALS!!

i DO FEEL BETTER NOW.
Park wherever ya fit, closest to the job. Take up 2 spaces.

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Speaking of plumbers ...Why do they tell us to go ahead and cover up their clean outs only to change their minds after everything is done ..And you would think they could remember the height and location of em to cut them out ...
wait I thought my rant was over ..

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I always wondered why you see theft-proof screws in every restroom holding the panels together. I mean I've never seen anyone carry one of them down the street that they stolen... Who would want to steal one in the first place? :confused: