1988 Imperial 280sf engine swap and restoration (pics)

zool

Captain
That suggests that the white base can't be white without white dies being added. I suppose that makes sense in the paint world.

It probably has to do with epoxy base and UV protection, which may be added at the pigment layer........not much UV going on in the crypts of a hull....;)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hope you are wearing knee pads. Not for what you usually do. But just to keeps those old knees in shape. Yup getting old does stink. They aren't sissy, they're cool!

zool

Captain
Hope you are wearing knee pads. Not for what you usually do. But just to keeps those old knees in shape. Yup getting old does stink. They aren't sissy, they're cool!

ha, Men don't wear "any" pads...well, outside of Philly anyway :D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Big Z,
Looking most excellent, my boat brother from another Mother...
Just beware of mishandling your Deck...your face will get stuck that way!
And, I always knew there were better ways to spend time waiting for the CG to pick me up, thanks for clearing that up! :cool:
G:)

zool

Captain
Looking good Zool stay Forever Young as Robert Zimmerman would say

Thanks TB, long time no see.....and speaking of Dylan, Ive been working so hard lately, I feel like a rolling stone....rolled over my body ;)

zool

Captain
Big Z,
Looking most excellent, my boat brother from another Mother...
Just beware of mishandling your Deck...your face will get stuck that way!
And, I always knew there were better ways to spend time waiting for the CG to pick me up, thanks for clearing that up! :cool:
G:)

Thanks GT!...a little at a time right now is all I got...

technically , smoke signals can be considered a distress call :D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
What the hey, a little time away from those noxious glasser fumes will let the respirator rash heal up! :lol:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I think Hendrix had a great version of Dylans song but hey...Working hard? Did you get that boat tarp up yet? Was working in mine today and it was a cool 98 degrees. But no pics cause last time I posted you cursed me and I dropped the camera into the epoxy. No Pics...no work... Back at ya! LOL!

zool

Captain
What the hey, a little time away from those noxious glasser fumes will let the respirator rash heal up! :lol:

Actually, ive been cutting and ripping a lot of white pvc composite trim, so its still a bit "fumey" lol, I got some schmo bending the aluminum drip edges, cuz that's just tin monkey work :D

zool

Captain
I think Hendrix had a great version of Dylans song but hey...Working hard? Did you get that boat tarp up yet? Was working in mine today and it was a cool 98 degrees. But no pics cause last time I posted you cursed me and I dropped the camera into the epoxy. No Pics...no work... Back at ya! LOL!

Its getting there kc, im just waiting to see if he can get the 36' ridge up by himself lol...if not, I guess ill have to find time to help ;)

and yes, without pics, we KNOW you've been just sipping wine spritzers :D

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Can't do the wine...liquor makes me sicker. Wine is a proven bucket filler for me anyway.
Three things that will kill a man; AS me dad would say;
WHISKEY GLASSES
WOMENS ARSSES
HORSES ARSSES
In pops time I guess drugs weren't as prevalent. So you can try to make the 4th line rhyme. I've been trying for years.

Glad your moving along. Whers the pics? hmmm. Anyway the Eagles just made a TD...yea!

zool

Captain
Glad your moving along. Whers the pics? hmmm.

Of course I have pics, its not like I dropped the camera in epoxy or something :rolleyes: :)

I pitched in today to help set the ridge beam..

just need to trim the rafter ends, put the purlins and plastic on next week.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I think all you did was point your finger...hey alittle more over there.. Where the heck is my spritzer?
But you did post pics..

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You crack me up Mr. Wall Street! LOL to the end. But yes the pics you had delegated to someone else to take shows what a nice structure you had delegated to someone else to build...now seriously where's my sprtzer..LOL! Look forward to meeting you one day. Or at least a delegate on your behalf.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Gunna put plastic on the roof ? Looks strong enough for some tin or the plastic corrugated stuff . Like a big green house ...