1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrumba

Ensign
Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

you know if it were Chuch Norris the foam would just jump out on it's own. maybe put a pic of him in the hull just for intimidation factor and see if it is an easier the next day. a good 24 hour soak with him should do the trick...... :D surely do not bare your teeth at her and show her your grinder again, we do not want her to bite back again :eek: keep your MITS protected and let the lame one heal. what a bad patient

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Chuck Norris wouldn't need foam in his boat. He'd swim it to shore.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

A gigantic, heavy box came today (that had a bunch of fragile stickers on it). The offspring could hardly contain themselves they wanted to see what was in there so bad!
P1080590.jpg

They weren't too dissapointed, they got some big chunks of foam to wap each other with...
P1080592.jpg

I got a couple of decent seat cushions and a power T&T assembly for the Evinrude 90...
P1080593.jpg

P1080594.jpg

Well, and that nice box to store stuff in:D

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

They weren't too dissapointed, they got some big chunks of foam to wap each other with...
\D

The kids like foam????

Maybe they would have a blast removing it from your boat??

Just thinking outside the box here,.........

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looks like you're raising a nice couple of 'tin boat loving' "pour in foam haters", most excellent. Certainly motivated to help, but that may have been because the tools can also be weapons............

Man that boat does have some foam in it!

Have a great weekend, and don't forget how MUCHO IMPORTANTE Sunday is.........:D

Golden Arrow II

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This time around you should put those stickers on the boat next to the MC #'s before you hit the water ;)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Ok guys, something very interesting happened to me this morning. Very interesting indeed!:eek:

I was getting ready for a run, walked out to the Sea Nymph hull, eyeballed it some, plotting/scheming, climbed in, kinda picked away at the foam in the tight spots, nothing serious, just picking at it a lil, and thinking, thinking, thinking....

Then I climbed out and went for a run. Beautiful morning here in MI, caught the sunrise, prolly 60 degrees, just a great morning:)

More thinking on my run...

I think I have figured out how to use expanding foam AND still maintain proper drainage (my biggest beef with the pour in).

Further, I think I have figured out how to reduce the cost some (my second biggest beef with the pour in).

Further yet, I am almost certain that this Sea Nymph will be a foamed boat!:eek::eek::D

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

I literally just fell out of my chair......

jbcurt00

Staff member

In light of the recent epiphany, is there a new life plan too for any 'glassers that find their way onto the property?

Yeah, that's what I figured. We'll keep the light on for ya.... If only so you can see the saw as you continue to dole out the now all to typical carnage.....

The clouds parted, the heavens opened, white doves flew & the light hath shineth upon him, and he hath been healed...... Hope the hand is not far behind.....

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hope the hand is not far behind.....

I had my visit with my doc Tues afternoon, he was very unhappy with me:eek:

I was supposed to have my cast thing (that I took off last week) on for another month yet:redface:

Whoops!!!

Hey, it works pretty good, looks aok, we'll run it:)

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

This should be interesting.... That boat is already a tank... With pour-in foam, it might actually ride as good as a glasser. :cool:

Can't wait to see the plan un-fold.

64osby

Admiral

I was supposed to have my cast thing (that I took off last week) on for another month yet:redface:

Whoops!!!

Tendons take a long time to heal. If you don't let them you can end up with chronic tendinitis. (personal history PITA)

Poured in Foam Huh, you didn't happen to have Irish coffee this morning.:eek:

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Holy Carp, Fever set in or something??? Better go back to the Doc, didn't know taking a cast off your hand could affect your brain:eek::D Can't wait to see the plan!!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah guys, my morning runs bring about interesting thoughts for sure. Maybe about like having one too many cocktails in the tank eh:eek::D

Well the plan won't actually be hatched any time soon. Once I pick all that foam out and pull the rest of the rigging off this SN she will be flipped and waiting for action till the Islander is all wrapped up.;)

dozerII

Admiral

I think I am alittle dumbfounded here Jason, are you going to keep us in suspence for another year:D

Status
Not open for further replies.