This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild

Alllllrighty! Somehow this Sea Nymph found it's way right on over to my place. I think it's awesome!

(I had kind of a bad accident last night with one of my sandwich handlers, so I'm just working with the lefty now. It's going to take me a bit to get this thread caught up to current.)

She's a 1980 and 16' long with a fat 6' (almost 7' at midships) beam, like it!
    Last edited by jasoutside; September 17th, 2012, 07:09 AM.
    1983 26' Starcraft Sportfisherman 261V Rebuild
    1976 22' Starcraft Islander Rebuild - SOLD
    1984 16.5' Sea Nymph Ski Sport Rebuild
    1980 16' Sea Nymph SS 165 Rebuild (swapped)
    1968 15' Starcraft Jet Star Rebuild (sold)

115' of Beach on Lake Huron

Re: 1980 Sea Nymph SS 165

Wow thats a great find Jason, do tell the story!!, And you say you don't have MBS as bad or worse than me, ya right.
    Glen
    Glen
    2012 SOTY Winner
    Complete Restore 1976 Hoilday 18 "N THE RED" Condensed version https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...-tin-out-re-do
    Thread https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owne...mercruiser-120
    1986 Starcraft SS201 (Complete) "SOLD
    https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=543074
    My 79 18 SS rebuild https://forums.iboats.com/showthread....hlight=dozerii "SOLD"

Comment

Oh great, another dumping ground for tsunami debri!

Seriously, that is a sweet boat that needs to be shown some love and she should look real nice when you get done with her... unless you decide to do another HACK JOB!

What's up with the sammich handler?... a run-in with Mr. Pillowpants?
      I consider overkill a job well done... plus a little extra.

There's as many ways to do something as there is people to tell you how to do it... but not all of them are the right way.

The drinking and debauchery will continue until morale improves... and maybe for a little while after.

Comment

OK, on the boat - I was looking for a 9.9 short shaft for the SmokerCraft and, well, came up with this! I have no reasonable/logical explanation for how that happened

The fella was asking $1800 with an old Merc 50 on it so I...

...and hooked it up for 400 bux (left the Merc behind)

I cannot tell if if it's a Fishing Machine or a Fish & Ski. It seems to be sort of a hybrid of the two models so we are just going to call it a SS 165 as it's identified on the data plate.

The hull is in absolutely excellent condition! The trailer is super solid all around. The whole interior is shot. The transom is total mulch (can't believe there was an outboard bolted to it).

This boat is HEAVY!!!!! Weighs a ton! Why? Plywood is soaked, and, there is a specific kind of flotation sub deck that loves water - more on that later. I cannot even lift either end of this boat off the trailer it's so stinkin heavy.

I am amped about this project, it's going to be fun and I have high hopes for the results. My plan at the moment is to just slowly pick away at the demo work and then go to rebuild mode over the winter.

Comment

Cool find. I dig the hubcaps on the trailer.. The boat is pretty neat too, but it even looks heavy in the pics. Have fun with it!

Comment

Just set 'er out in the sun for a few days and everything will dry out and firm up (including the transom), just like the glass boats that are bought to "use this summer, and restore this winter".
            I consider overkill a job well done... plus a little extra.

There's as many ways to do something as there is people to tell you how to do it... but not all of them are the right way.

The drinking and debauchery will continue until morale improves... and maybe for a little while after.

Comment

Nice! I definitely see a theme developing here...one or two from every decade...hmmm cool concept...

Wadya do to the wingtip??? It'll all grow back, I hope...
              Why a Fiberglass Boat?...Because they are,"The more beautiful, more seaworthy, more elegant, more easier to get chicks in, nicer, more common, more socially accepted, more politically correct boats."Quote by oops!
              Tight Lines and Float, Float On!
              Notice: All links to previous photos have been kidnapped by Photobucket.
              They no longer allow 3rd party hosting unless you fork over $400
              If you need to see any photos from my thread, PM me

Comment

All I see in those pictures........................

POTENTIAL!!!
                This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
                Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

grub - that Merc would have absolutely tore off had somebody try to run it. Scary

GT - Well, put it to ya this way - grinders with thin metal cutting wheels are great for slicing up glass boats. They are equally effective on soft/fleshy hands

Bob - Totally agree! I think I am going to have a tough time deciding the layout of this boat. At this length/width I really have tons of options, should make for a great platform to build from

Comment

Nice find can't wait to see what you do with this one. You're making me go nuts trying to find out which thread to follow. Hope that hand feels better soon. Looking forward to the next thread .
                    16' 1975 Starcraft Supersport
                    1986 12' MirroCraft Restore

Comment

1. Sucks about the hand.

2. Nice score.

3. So no fishing this weekend?

4. You know you have to name it Option B? Right?

Comment

Where are yous gonna put the battery???

Man-o-man, Yous sure like building boats!!!!

This will be another fun one to watch,....

I'm thinking I would lose the bass boat style read deck to open things up, Lose the comfy seating in the front to put in a solid casting deck with under deck rod storage,..

What's the max HP listed for it??

Hope your hand gets better dude,.......

Comment

Working...
                        X