Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

dpk1957

Recruit
Re: Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

Yup with a bit more research I'm figuring the motor is probly a 68. I just asked to see what I might learn about the wiring it's pretty much all intact just needs some straightening out . Seats are cracked and torn from sun damage but for $425, I think i did ok. Gotta go through the carbs as it doesnt want to run but just fire a bit. should have her in the water in the next week. then some updating of the interior and some buffing to me her look nice.

Dwayne

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Howdy from West Virginia to my fellow wave-bouncers! Here's a few pics of my 3V..

1975 SeaStar Capri T681 16'
1975 Merc 850 85hp. I-4

The day I brought her home
tri-hullclb1.jpg

First time on the river (aside from the test run with the P.O.)
tri-hullclb4.jpg

My wife's first time driving
tri-hullclb3.jpg

My wife and our two oldest boys swimming (Also on first trip out on this boat, anchored in a nice cove I know of where the water depth is a steady 2 1/2' deep from shoreline to about 200' out, great swimming spot cause my skeg clears, but shallow enough for the boys to be able to stand up in)
tri-hullclb5.jpg

And lastly, I had to include this pic, it's by far my fav. boating pic so far hehe.. hope it's not too 'risque'... heck, does this qualify me for a free club sticker???

lmao! Anyhow, my wife in her new favorite spot to get some sun.
myfavboatpic.jpg

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh yeah, forgot to include how much I 'paid' for my boat... Had a guy ask me to do some wiring in his house, after doing an 'esitmate', I told him it would run him right around $400 for the supplies and labor.. he said he couldn't afford that in cash, but asked if I liked to fish, when I told him "HE!! YEAH!" he proceeded to show me this boat which had been handed down to him, and he doesn't fish and his wife can't swim so he asked if I would take it in lieu of my work!! So basically for $100 in supplies, and $300 of my own time, I got this boat! Only real issue I have with it, is after I run the motor for a while and it hits operating temps, when we go to stop I let it idle in N for about 2 minutes, then shut her down.. then have to fight and fight to get it started again. Haven't figured that out yet but workin on it!

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

OK I have a HUGE need for some tri-hull videos!!

So all you guys how have them on the water, please help those of use that do not get our fix?? :redface::redface:

Signed,

Tri-Hull Junkie :D :p

tallcanadian

Captain

OK I have a HUGE need for some tri-hull videos!!

So all you guys how have them on the water, please help those of use that do not get our fix?? :redface::redface:

Check out my youtube links in my signature.

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thanks TC but I think I need MORE MORE MORE!! ;)

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hopefully we'll have ours out at least once this weekend, ill try and get some videos lol

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well I will join,grew up on the tri's and have had the one I have now for over 4 years right now we are in dry dock a complete rebuild hope to have her back in the water in about 3 months.Jim

1977 sportcraft c-gull
1987 evinrude 60 hp

electric603

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't know how I missed this thread. Add one more member. I am currently restoring a 16ft sportcraft.
Here is a before pic.
IMAG0361.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Come on new guys!!! :bump:

jk33

Seaman

Can I play? Just picked this baby up on Craigslist. $280 with a running force 85 on her. Torn apart now with all materials ready to go in. New transom is built and laminated!! Shooting for a memorial day launch date. Time will tell. Mine is a 73 Glasspar cutlass 165. Not much out there about her so if anyone knows about this particular boat feel free to chime in!

http://forums.iboats.com/attachment....8&d=1365101490

tallcanadian

Captain

Can I play? Just picked this baby up on Craigslist. $280 with a running force 85 on her. Torn apart now with all materials ready to go in. New transom is built and laminated!! Shooting for a memorial day launch date. Time will tell. Mine is a 73 Glasspar cutlass 165. Not much out there about her so if anyone knows about this particular boat feel free to chime in!

http://forums.iboats.com/attachment....8&d=1365101490

No pic. Just a link to the main page of iboats forum.

redfury

Commander

Nice to see new people coming in to check this thread out. I still have plenty of stickers if anyone is interested in sporting them on their 3V's.

tallcanadian

Captain

And these stickers are awesome. They look great, they don't fade in the sun. They are very reasonable in cost. I would recommend everyone to get at least one. I have them on my boat, truck, tackle box. ;)

electric603

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How can I get said stickers?

marcel007

Recruit
1975 larson shark 1550

1975 larson shark 1550

now that im posting on the right thread I can show off my new (old) boat
1975 larson shark 1550 purchased from original owner here in calgary alberta canada

Attachments

• IMG_4310.jpg
    IMG_4310.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4312.jpg
    IMG_4312.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4277.JPG
    IMG_4277.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4279.JPG
    IMG_4279.JPG