1973 SRV 220 OV Resto

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not sure how much restoration i need to do to this ol' gem. I think she's a beautiful boat. Seems a bit underpowered, but, being a ford guy, that problem can easily be fixed.

Here's some starting pics of her, most work will be mostly cosmetic...at first...lol

Last edited:

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1973 SRV 220 OV Resto

at home in the driveway...new i should have already started building that garage!!!

Last edited:

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

found pictures of a similar SeaRay, i think it is a slightly newer model, but i like the extra windows in the front by the hatch. My ray does not have windows there....but i have a saw :D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nice boat! Looks to have some amenities you usually only see on larger boats.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

thanks, she is alot of fun...planning on taking her out again this week since the weather is gonna be nice.

for a 'small' boat, she is loaded nicely. Orginally where i have the microwave, she had a double burner electric hotplate. but that was gone when i got her (along with the power inverter that supply the power)

Rickairmedic

Commander

DJ if you keep stepping up your gonna need one of the Slips that keeps getting advertised on CL down at Harrods Creek LOL. She looks great let me know next time your putting in down my way and I will try to pop over to check her out .

Rick

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Nice new boat DJ
nice find! get those hammers sqinging for that garage! lol

F14CRAZY

Ensign

Looks like a great project boat. I myself wish I had something just a tiny bit bigger and with the stuff on board that your vessel has

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i know i'd like to paint the hull eventually...and do something about the "off-white" color of the topside....not sure if it was meant to be that shade of white, or was it originally much whiter

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Think i'm going to have to pull here out in the sun and get some good pictures (without all that junk laying around it) so i can start playing with some color schemes on the computer

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

well...since we are heading into a warming phase for the next few days, i'll be starting to work on the engine...engine needs at least a good tune-up, but i'm gonna pull the heads off and do some inspections...been looking at Rapido's website, and their reman longblocks are looking pretty good, but only if my engine doesn't look too good

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

well, we plan on lifting the boat off of the trailer today....hopefully all goes well...

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
DISASTER!!!! almost avoided

DISASTER!!!! almost avoided

well....got myself in somewhat of a pickle...
picked on some concrete blocks and some lumber to support the hull while i pull the trailer out from underneath the boat...

everything goign along good...blocked up the back corners at the keel near the transom...

inch by inch, pull the trailer out, moving support blocks as we go...

got the trailer full out and was setting up the 3rd support under the keel, right where it starts to curve up to the bow...and the boat slipped off the jacks!!!!!!!!!!!

luckily, i still had some of the other cribbing in place and they caught the hull.

so after studying how it is sitting, i put in some temporary supports for the night..

gonna try and round up some of those actual hull supports tomorrow and get this thing sitting true and stable

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Nice looking ride, not looking forward to swapping my two trailers, I'll be waiting on your final outcome... and post some pix as you know we crave 'em :D

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

well, got the boat sitting pretty now...she's nice and stable.
now just have o wait for some decent weather

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

hmmmm....thinking (yeah, i know...dangerous thing to do)....wondering, if i start sanding on the hull, during a snow storm, if that will help keep the sanding dust to a minimum...

wish i had a place to work on this indoors...hetting anxious to get back to work on this, especially since my tax refund is on it's way!!!!

hmm...
GPS Chartplotter
Repido Long Block
SEI drive
new Seating arrangement
paint
radio
...hmm...what else can i add to the list???