18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

My bimini and my boat cover both came from http://www.safeguardcovers.com/ (check their ebay store as well) and I'm pleased with both for the price. My vinyl came from Defender, they have the best prices on it.

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

My bimini and my boat cover both came from http://www.safeguardcovers.com/ (check their ebay store as well) and I'm pleased with both for the price. My vinyl came from Defender, they have the best prices on it.

Yep exact one I was looking at! How does it perform while cruising? Good tight fit? Same for where I'm going to buy the marine vinyl when I get around to it!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

The first time I tried cruising with it up I think it was kinda windy and it swayed side to side a little too much for my comfort. However, a couple weeks ago at Raystown we drove around weekend with it up even at full speed and it was fine. So I guess it depends on the wind.

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

The first time I tried cruising with it up I think it was kinda windy and it swayed side to side a little too much for my comfort. However, a couple weeks ago at Raystown we drove around weekend with it up even at full speed and it was fine. So I guess it depends on the wind.

Sorry one more question! Which size do you have?

I am looking at the 3 bow 6' LONG x 46" HIGH x 67" - 72" WIDE Could you measure from the point where you have it mounted to the top of the pole when it is folded down? I want to make sure that my motor isn't going to hit the Bimini when the bimini is stored and my motor is trimmed all the way up. If the 46" high is that measurement I should be good to go.

I hope that made sense....

Rghammond

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fantastic work, alot more involved with the bigger boats. Thanks for all your help

Abenoit

Cadet

EZ, great reno and documentation. Very informative. I was wondering if you had any idea what the dry weight of your completed boat is? Im debating between looking for a 16 or 18 SS and just want to make sure my 2.4L Jeep could pull an 18 footer.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

EZ, great reno and documentation. Very informative. I was wondering if you had any idea what the dry weight of your completed boat is? Im debating between looking for a 16 or 18 SS and just want to make sure my 2.4L Jeep could pull an 18 footer.

I have absolutely no idea. I'm thinking around 2k?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

OK, so let me start out by saying that I should know better than to drag up a thread that is over 3 months old...BUT...

I just read you had an addition to your Family and I wanted to drop by and say...
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
and many many Blessings.

rrumba

Ensign

i am with GT, same reason for dragging up this thread... i read in JO that you just had an addition..... CONGRATS to you and the family.... May the lord shine his blessings on you and your family and keep the new one in the palm of his hand

Triton II

Commander

Ez, sorry to not get on here more quickly and add my congratulations on the latest addition to the 'mobee family, but the news had to travel a long way! :). Seriously, well done mate! :D

TII

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations!!! Way different with 2....:D

Trooper82

Commander

EZ, Not sure how I missed your build. You have done an awesome job! I hope I can gt mine to look half as good, good job man!

shadetree_fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

EZ, You are the man!!! I just read your whole build, One H**l of a job!!! I hope I can come close to what you have done with my 18 SS. will be finishing the clean out & dismantle this week end.

Nucknoilerfan

Seaman

And like so many have already mentioned........Great job on the restoration!!!!

The quality of work that you've done is outstanding and taking the time to document the whole process is appreciated by all. You've inspired me to consider doing a similar project.

What do you think the whole restore ended up costing you?

SpartySteve

Cadet

bow platform as mine is a i/o, i also like another i saw that had three seat plates up front side by side. but i would like a closer look at the new design.
castingdeck.jpg

castingdeck2.jpg
I know it’s an old thread but was curious where you found that dash console. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.