1995 Larson 174 SEI Complete Rebuild

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks, things have just been lining up well for me time wise. The thing killing me now is I find something I need or forgot and have to wait to order it. There are things I could have taken more time on but sometime I step back and just roll with it.

Mine was up front and didn't like the long run either. But either way speaker wires got to run a long way and RCA's. Plus my kick panels are pretty small.

True, but RCAs and speaker wire are alot cheaper than 8 or 4AWG wire... plus, for me, I'm only powering my sub with the amp, speakers will just be from the headunit

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Been slowly finishing up the wiring all week and the rest of the engine bay. I am super happy with the turn out. Very clean and organized. Got the exhaust elbow with a new gasket installed, drive unit lube monitor in, engine is aligned and locked down, throttle and shift cable are on and lubed. Turned the engine over a few times to make sure everything was good and looks like everything is all good. Just need to put in the blower and bilge pump.

Got the front kick panels covered and speakers installed, fired up the radio and this thing sounds good. Then I finally attached the side panel with the hardware finally.

I ended up ordering a new water pump wheel and seals, they weren't bad but needed the seal anyway. While I was in there I also replaced the oil seal and carrier. Glad I did because one of the seals had fallen out and wasn't in the carrier or someone did not install it correctly to begin with. Got the unit back together and prepped it and the trim cylinders for paint. Everything went great unit today when there was a spot that needed touch up and I stupidly forgot rustoleum needs 48 hours for a recoat. So now I have some wrinkles I will have to wait, sand and repaint/blend in. At least the trim cylinders look good.

At this point I need to wait on this lower unit so I can put it on and finally fire this thing up and splash it! I'm not putting the interior back in until its splashed and fired. Tomorrow I should put the ladder and garboard plug in.

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Last night I got my new garboard plug and the swim ladder installed with 5200. Tried to install the D hooks for trailer tie down and the stainless steel nuts on stainless threads galled and locked up. ended up having to cut them off and order new ones.

Tonight I got the lower unit installed, trim cylinders hooked up and filled. Trim senders set. New shift cables all adjusted. New anodes installed and a new fuel feed line hooked up. Its so close I can taste the water. Bunch of small items to knock out tomorrow, hose clamps and things and then I am hoping for some good weather Friday/Saturday to fire and splash her!

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well she is alive! Took a little bit to get fuel filled up and going but then she fired right up. Let it get warm and checked the drive in both directions. Topped off all the fluid and had no leaks except the block drain plug I didn't tighten. Man am i relieved. But tomorrow will be the big day!
https://youtu.be/VJyIfymIk2E

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am biting my nails waiting.

I could barely sleep, going to wait for it to warm up a little bit this morning it's currently 33.

I dont know if I'm more excited to splash it or to have the full interior in and see what the whole thing looks like together.

chevymaher

Commander
I could barely sleep, going to wait for it to warm up a little bit this morning it's currently 33.

I dont know if I'm more excited to splash it or to have the full interior in and see what the whole thing looks like together.

Both they both have the wow factor. Good luck if it feels like your being watched I am there in spirit pullin for you.

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
The moment you and I have all been waiting for! She has been splashed! I am so happy, not a weep of water. Ran it for about 15 mins and let it sit for about another 15 mins. I sware this thing is way lighter than before. Man does she look good in the water. I wanted to take it for a rip but I got to get this interior in first. Thanks to everybody who helped along the way, I could not have done it without this community.