No announcement yet.

1995 Larson 174 SEI Complete Rebuild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great work! Looking almost ready to splash!
    1985 Bayliner 2450 Ciera Sunbridge
    Volvo Penta AQ225d, 280 outdrive
    Restore/Refurbish ongoing......

link to my thread: https://forums.iboats.com/showthread...468790&page=12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ciera2450 View Post
      Great work! Looking almost ready to splash!
      Thanks guys, quite a bit of work before a splash. Haven't even started putting the out drive or motor back in yet. Or cleaning them up and rebuilding them.

Comment

• Man is this bucket seat kicking my butt. It took all day but I got the first one close to being done. Not super happy with it but I guess they will do. Mostly because it looks exactly like what it is lol a back to back seat converted to a pedestal seat. Still need to do a few things but should be able to share tomorrow.

Comment

• plug the out drive hole and float her at the dock.. you can make your own engine noises.
          1985 Bayliner 2450 Ciera Sunbridge
          Volvo Penta AQ225d, 280 outdrive
          Restore/Refurbish ongoing......

link to my thread: https://forums.iboats.com/showthread...468790&page=12

Comment

• Well here are some pics of one of them. Its not 100% done but I am out of staples and still need to make edging. Its ok but there are some wrinkles and just overall not that thrilled with the look. The plan is to run edging around the backside where the panels meet. I want to find some cargo net or something to put across the back to make it into storage and look more natural. I think that will complete the look. Might be hard to find some off white netting. I think black will look bad.

Comment

• MM did you use the old cover for patterns or did you make your own. To me, it looks like some of the seams are in the wrong location.
              1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED...Kinda!!
              Fabricating Decks, Stringers, and Transoms
              Paint Your Boat with Tractor Paint...Say What!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodonglass View Post
                MM did you use the old cover for patterns or did you make your own. To me, it looks like some of the seams are in the wrong location.
                I used the old ones as patterns, there pretty much where the old ones were I think they were able to make it look better by softening the vinyl when pulling it. The thing that makes it look so bad to me is my experience sewing and keeping straight even lines. It will do I guess.

Which seams look wrong to you?

Comment

• based on the Light reflection, the bottom seat horizontal seam appears to be a bit low. But you're correct about the vinyl. you can use a hair dryer to get rid of some of the wrinkles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodonglass View Post
                    based on the Light reflection, the bottom seat horizontal seam appears to be a bit low. But you're correct about the vinyl. you can use a hair dryer to get rid of some of the wrinkles.
                    Believe it or not the originals were even lower on the sides, I raised and cut some away. The front is really pulled down because the cushion dips down so low. I think I'll be happier with them when I can finish the backs and touch a few things up. Will see I guess.

Comment

• Hey, it's a tug and pull an push and prod kinda ordeal. My first job was a MESS!!! You're doing fine!!! You Always See every flaw. No Worries.

Comment

• Haven't got much done this past week. There's so much small stuff to do I find myself spending more time thinking about what to do next. I got the other side pin stripe all removed. I finally removed the bow upper back rest cushions and they were so water logged the wood disintegrated when i removed the covers so i got those cut out of new wood. I worked on the second bucket seat and it looks about the same as the other one. I did however add the edging to the backside and looks a little more finished now. I tried a cargo net but could only find white and it looked bad so for now I think I'm just leaving it alone.

Comment

• All the little things do drive you crazy!
                          Most times I'm wrong, Most times I stand corrected..But...Sometimes I'm right.
                          1983 SportCraft Deep V OSFF 222 Cuddy Rehab
                          https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ddy-walkaround
                          https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...-new-fuel-pump
                          www.flotationfoamsolutions.com

Comment

• FWIW - I think the vinyl could use some 'tightening up' . When I made new vinyl for my Formula 242 seat, I put in a 1/8" foam backing to the vinyl, which tightened it up a bit without getting the seams out of alignment with the main cushion contours, etc.

They came out pretty much the way they looked before, minus a few stitching, color match, and vinyl texture snafus on my part. ( 'factory original' is the top image)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat-Before-After.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	10705735

So, if you want to tighten up the seams and be able to stretch the vinyl a bit, maybe add a layer of 1/8" foam, then cover with 0.5 mil plastic to aid in getting the vinyl to 'slide' over the foam as your stretch it a bit.
                            Best regards, Ted . . . . Cape Cod, MA

Current Boats: Formula 330 Sun Sport, O'Day Mariner Sail #3224, Sunfish
                            Past Boats: Catalina 22 Sail #10531, Formula 242 Sun Sport
                            Twin Mercruiser 7.4 LX MPI (0F802036, 039), Bravo 3's (0F806198, 199), Mercury 7.5 HP (1969), Johnson 4.5 HP (1980)

My Boating Web Pages: http://www.tpenfield.com

Comment

• Started the long process of wet sanding and buffing the outside. I have a few spider cracks here and there that I will be taking care of along the way. Much more forgiving then automotive buffing.

Comment

Coming out nice!
                                - Eric

Somers, WI

Old enough to know better - but crazy enough to try anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X