1995 Larson 174 SEI Complete Rebuild

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks guys, i was dreading getting it back on the trailer thinking the worst would happen and it either fall or crash off. I did not want to use the gantry again and risk it. I am so happy it went so well.

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got the exhaust installed on the transom last night. Then I had made these a week or so ago but I had made some speaker boxes to fit on the side panels. Shaped the side to hug the boat. Someone had made 6x9 panels before for this boat as I don't think they were factory and they just took up so much space. So I went with 6.5's so i could tuck them a little more. Hopefully they arent to muffled by the overhang of the side panel.

Also finally got my new steering wheel installed and the radio is just in place. Still need to do the wiring but am waiting till the motor is in and i can figure out my power situation.

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Guys i need some help, going to post this here and in the engine section. Went to drop the motor in and everything was looking fine, got it in place and went to start checking alignment. Could not get it no matter what so I got a little mirror and the motor is too low in the rear. I confirmed by losseing the bolts and then the alignment bar went right in. But the rear probably needs a good 1/8"-1/4". I don't think its the double wound washer being worn. Any ideas or do these sometimes need spacers installed under the spring and fiber washer?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Got the exhaust installed on the transom last night. Then I had made these a week or so ago but I had made some speaker boxes to fit on the side panels. Shaped the side to hug the boat. Someone had made 6x9 panels before for this boat as I don't think they were factory and they just took up so much space. So I went with 6.5's so i could tuck them a little more. Hopefully they arent to muffled by the overhang of the side panel.

Also finally got my new steering wheel installed and the radio is just in place. Still need to do the wiring but am waiting till the motor is in and i can figure out my power situation.

Did you wrap the helm gauge cluster with the carbon fiber wrap? I'm doing the same thing, only in blue to match the paint. I'm hoping it holds up ok.

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Did you wrap the helm gauge cluster with the carbon fiber wrap? I'm doing the same thing, only in blue to match the paint. I'm hoping it holds up ok.

Yea its vinyl wrapped, it should hold up. I've have wrap on my harley and golf cart and they hold up very well. Biggest key is tou get what you pay for, I only buy 3m products.

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Alright boys, she is in. Went very smooth until obviously from my other posts I went to align the engine. Ended up stopping Friday night after it was in place. Saturday got the front mount screwed down with lag bolts and the the engine aligned. I need to find a crows foot so I can tighten the nuts. Got my battery boxes cleaned up and in and then stated hooking everything up. Gas vent and fill neck are in. Made all new 4 gauge battery cables. Rerouted all the wires and cleaned them up, this still needs some finishing but way cleaner than it was still have to run a couple before I can zip tie and synch them down.

Also made a little mount for the new amp. Got some of those wires run but ran out of supplies.

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Started last night tearing into the drive. Drained the oil which was very clean. Then pulled the upper half to take a look at the water pump. The guy I bought it from said it was just done but didn't want to take his word. Turned out he was telling the truth, basically brand new. Found some weeds and scum on the inside so Im glad I did it to clean it up. Will reassemble and start prepping it for paint.

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
Man you move fast... making my 2 year resto look bad lol... Congrats, your gonna be in the water in a hot minute!

I like your amp mount... not sure why I didn't think to put mine out back... I was bummed about having to run heavy gauge wire up to the front of the boat... DUH!!

Mechanicalmike08

Petty Officer 1st Class
Man you move fast... making my 2 year resto look bad lol... Congrats, your gonna be in the water in a hot minute!

I like your amp mount... not sure why I didn't think to put mine out back... I was bummed about having to run heavy gauge wire up to the front of the boat... DUH!!

Thanks, things have just been lining up well for me time wise. The thing killing me now is I find something I need or forgot and have to wait to order it. There are things I could have taken more time on but sometime I step back and just roll with it.

Mine was up front and didn't like the long run either. But either way speaker wires got to run a long way and RCA's. Plus my kick panels are pretty small.