Materials List (First time resto, 92 GW Invader Deck Boat) [Splashed Aug 2019]

hangdogger512

Petty Officer 3rd Class
UPDATE: I called the tech support at Valspar and they stated they now recommend a 8-4-1 ratio for the Formula.
i.e. 8 oz of paint, 4 oz of Reducer and 1oz of Hardener. Soooo, My formula is NOT VALID any longer. It should be 1oz of Hardener per 8 oz Cup of Paint and 2-4 oz of reducer per 8oz cup of paint. this could explain the accounts of the paint not properly hardening. I'm Sorry for this and will soon have the mods make this correction on my thread. Please accept my apologies for NOT staying on top of this. Good News is the Paint WILL eventually harden especially in the sun. Just takes longer. :facepalm::frusty:

Awesome, thank you for the update and going the extra mile to call them. I'll adjust for the hull paint, and I'll probably try to spray the cap one more time and just tape off my cleats/etc.

hangdogger512

Petty Officer 3rd Class
OK, bringing this post back from the dead... cause I finally got this project 95% done and put her in the water last night! Woohoo... that was a s#it ton of work. :)

From the last few months: Seats glassed in. New controls. New steering. Everything completely rewired. New upholstery. New Seadek. New wake tower. New bimini. New Bennett tabs. And cause that all wasn't enough, ended up just buying a new SEI drive unit as the mechanic that was helping me on the drive said my original gen2 should just be replaced (I don't completely buy that, but was at my wits end).

Here are some pictures along the way, and I'll post some 'real' splash pictures soon! Just need to do a bit more seadek on the gunwales and give her a polish. :)

23h69l1.jpg

2eevkn7.jpg

2w67ypf.jpg

af9htz.jpg

330ej2g.jpg

2mzjjn5.jpg

29fxppw.jpg

25kud5j.jpg