Just acquired a 170 Horizon. Assembly required.

chevymaher

Commander
I didn't work on the boat yesterday it was such a nice day. Detailed the van worked out did yardwork.

Today I got the motor together wiring harness on the motor as far as it was when i got it.

Hang up now is I am looking for what is involved in mounting the motor to the boat. I am missing some things it seems. Hell I don't know i never seen any of this before now.

I am online hunting a explded view of engine mounts with the various parts and washers labeled.

1 so I know what is here and what is missing.
2 so I can order anything i do need.

Nothing is going on untill I figure this out.

Think I will go ride the bike while i ponder this.

chevymaher

Commander
I got it now. I found the diagrams and sites to get the mount parts. I will go down in the morning and take inventory see what I am getting. From what i see i am missing a fiber washer a spiral lock and 2 nuts.

Front set is pretty complete.

The spiral lock washer from the rear mount. The guy had on the transom when I got it to try to stop the leak.

My muffs came now.

CaptNewbie

Seaman Apprentice
^^^^What chuck said. As my boat is almost the same boat I'm really anxious to see her splash!

chevymaher

Commander
Thank you both. Killin me to I want to go out in her. I know there is a line a mile long of family wanting in her to.

I worked all day today we got A/C in cars failing left and right and it is close to 100 degrees. Stayin busy and making some money,

I just ordered 2 bolt kits for the rear. Like I said I had almost a complete set minus nuts. 2-5 days shipping depending on where they come from. Back to fiddle farting with the radio i guess a while.

chevymaher

Commander
Today I worked on the boat all day long. Main thing was I wanted it turned around and get it to where it is easy to get the truck hooked to it. I got it turned around. I moved the boathouse angle so it is a easy shot to where the truck will hook up.

I got a bunch of pics today.

I vacuumed it. Did all the teak. I washed it with soap and water trailer included. Hand dried it. It is time. It has been a year I waxed it inside and out and the bottom of the hull.

Last thing I did was re sink the steaks and tie the cables to the boathouse tent.

I am wore out. But i did what i like to do with a vehicle today. Detail it and make it look good.

I am very happy with the tractor. it don't even know the boat is there.

Attachments

• photo293381.jpg
    photo293381.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293382.jpg
    photo293382.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293383.jpg
    photo293383.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293384.jpg
    photo293384.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293385.jpg
    photo293385.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293386.jpg
    photo293386.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293387.jpg
    photo293387.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293388.jpg
    photo293388.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293389.jpg
    photo293389.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293390.jpg
    photo293390.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293391.jpg
    photo293391.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 3
  • photo293392.jpg
    photo293392.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 3

chevymaher

Commander
Thank you everyone. Yes I am very happy with the way it is turning out. I won't be embarrassed at the landing. Except the trailer maybe until I get it prettied up.

Today the motor mount bolts came. I got the motor off the engine stand and hung it on the cherry picker. Put the flywheel, coupler and flywheel cover I believe it is called. That be a bell housing to us hillbillies.

So now I got to make a corporate decision. Build the gantry or tow this whole mess to where I know there is one to get the motor in.

Attachments

• photo293658.jpg
    photo293658.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo293659.jpg
    photo293659.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0

oldrem

Commander
I'd build the gantry - but then I already did, and so glad I took the time to do it. Really looking great.

PS around here, this is what we call a cherry picker. Had me confused for a bit.

CherryPicker.jpg

chevymaher

Commander
Engine hoist I believe is what they are called. I been talking to my buddy he has a larger one than I have. He is going to bring over see if it will get er done.

I will probably end up building a gantry once I get over trying to save the money.

CaptNewbie

Seaman Apprentice
Chev, if you do go with the gantry I wouldn't mind seeing the how to. I've been debating how to go about pulling mine out.

chevymaher

Commander
Chev, if you do go with the gantry I wouldn't mind seeing the how to. I've been debating how to go about pulling mine out.

No Problem I have no issues taking pictures.

I been on the horn and have located a gantry that pulled a big block in my brothers boat and my boat. Before we owned them. Guy told my brother he could borrow it when he got his boat. We just put the request in for use of it. So then I got to put in my ducat for use of the truck I share to go get it.

chevymaher

Commander
I got permission to use the gantry. I got the truck whenever for the duration of needed time to pick up and take back the gantry. Now getting the 3 people needed to do this in the same place at the same time.

I am hoping I can get it do the deed and take it back over this week end.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I'd build the gantry - but then I already did, and so glad I took the time to do it. Really looking great.

PS around here, this is what we call a cherry picker. Had me confused for a bit.

hahaha yeah i only know of chevs type of cherry picker because of being around gear heads all my life but that other thing we call a lull :)