My boat accident

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: My boat accident

Kev. Don't let the insurance co. dance around on a claim. When I had my kicker stolden off my boat. ( behind a 6 ft wooden fence) they said do you really want to claim this they might cancel. And they did. I said OK you got 24 hours to reinstate my boat coverage or I take my $400 a month policy on all my other things somewhere else. I got a nice call from the State Farm Regional office Sorry they made a mistake you are still covered.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

CBK I'm just trying to make up rules that require you to go get that SC cuddy you've been eyeballing:D

I figured if it sounded official you could get approval easier from the home office:)

lol..I know bud...;)

Kev. Don't let the insurance co. dance around on a claim. When I had my kicker stolden off my boat. ( behind a 6 ft wooden fence) they said do you really want to claim this they might cancel. And they did. I said OK you got 24 hours to reinstate my boat coverage or I take my $400 a month policy on all my other things somewhere else. I got a nice call from the State Farm Regional office Sorry they made a mistake you are still covered.

I would harrass Allstate IF I had it insured..As soon as I bought it, they said How much did you pay?..800??? and with a trailer?? Ok, ummmm what is it worth??? Needless to say I put off insuring it, and their policy on my truck (home too) doesnt cover the boat, even though I was towing it with an insured truck..I will double check, but really I dont know how much $$ I could claim...My deductible is only 100.00 though....

el toro

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well Kev, that definitely could have been much much worse. Thank god NO COWS were injured during this accident!

sprintst

Commander

Those dents don't look all that bad. You could heat it slightly bad bang em out or fill with thickened epoxy after roughing it up a bit.

Time to lop off that mole :)

Check on your insurance. I insured mine for 12,000 when I picked her up knowing I was going to do some work on her.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

That dent is not from the accident.........

That dent is when Kev risked his life to safe a family from drowning in shark infested water..... on the way to the rescue site some stray Somolian Pirates attempted to hijack the "B Ticket" and rammed the boat at high speed...... Kev fought them off bravely and kept repelling the boarder's by first using his verbal skills and later fighting them off hand to hand

One by one he tossed those pirates overboard......once the pirates were repelled he continued back to his rescue mission........ out in the distance he could see a Go Fast boat being chased by a USCG helicopter..... Kev wanted to help but that family thrashing in the shark infested waters were in his focus......

Kev piloted his boat through treacherous waters, sometimes going up hill and sometimes down hill..... 8 foot high breakers crashing over the bow tossing the B Ticket Holiday around like a rag doll .....but Kev kept going!

Kev bravely arrived at the shark infested waters.......... A great white shark (last employed in the movie Jaws) ATTACKED and chewed off the end cap..... how dare that fish attack the boat!

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

CBK
I'm glad it's not worse and nobody got hurt. I saw in one of your previous posts that the winch strap was attached to the bow eye but separated. Was there a safety chain to the bow eye as well?

That asked.......Boat hulls are highly inefficient for plowing fields. <jk>

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Pretty much how it went down..
But the Huey had to use the pasture as a LZ under cover of darkness and we went with the "accident" as a cover story

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

CBK
I'm glad it's not worse and nobody got hurt. I saw in one of your previous posts that the winch strap was attached to the bow eye but separated. Was there a safety chain to the bow eye as well?

That asked.......Boat hulls are highly inefficient for plowing fields. <jk>

Thanks Happier..
No, I did not have the additional chain on the bow eye..I will be using one tho!

Bob_VT

Staff member

Pretty much how it went down..
But the Huey had to use the pasture as a LZ under cover of darkness and we went with the "accident" as a cover story

Yup...... those black helicopter's that run silent at night are great!! :D Got them flying in VT every Monday and Friday night ......you just can't see them or hear them ......

bananaboater

Ensign

LMFAO(and I do use this acronym lightly:D)

BTW...CBK...I checked the Starcraft Club bylaws today when I had some down time.

According to SC Code 21:34.8..."any reckless endangerment causing permanent dents or otherwise compromising said Starcraft hull will result in operator/owner being required to repair any such dents using a large heavy object on the outside of the hull to brace while using owner/operator's head to bang said dents flat again as originally implemented in NE Indiana"

In addition...

"Use of a monkey to perform tasks related to the safe operation of said vessel will result in a fine and requirement to rescue at least one additional Starcraft aluminum hull(min 16') from the scrap heap within 60 days"(30 days in Florida...at least according to my copy)"

Just thought I'd pass that along so you know where you stand;)

Good work on researching our codes. Forgot they had clauses specific to individual states.

Albert

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

I think the spoon he was using was called the 4H

woc383.gif

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I think the spoon he was using was called the 4H

woc383.gif

Ah, yah. Now that is just straight up funny stuff right there! I can't believe that a cartoonist caught the whole shot like that. So which one is Kev?

bananaboater

Ensign

Ah, yah. Now that is just straight up funny stuff right there! I can't believe that a cartoonist caught the whole shot like that. So which one is Kev?

He's the one standing on the road saying "Who are those guys fishing for cows in a field in my B Ticket?"

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

lol..I know bud...;)

I would harrass Allstate IF I had it insured..As soon as I bought it, they said How much did you pay?..800??? and with a trailer?? Ok, ummmm what is it worth??? Needless to say I put off insuring it, and their policy on my truck (home too) doesnt cover the boat, even though I was towing it with an insured truck..I will double check, but really I dont know how much $$ I could claim...My deductible is only 100.00 though....

If you could or can. Time and labor just the same as a shop would do. Good luck I also will choose the paint you used stays right on there. Kind of like Rick with his ins paying him to work on his house at scale wages.

Wow Kev, glad you are ok!! shouldn't take long to get her fixed and ready to go!

Al

Bob_VT

Staff member

I wonder what attracted the Starcraft to that field :D

cow.gif

Could it have been a dancing cow!!! :eek:

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

I wonder what attracted the Starcraft to that field :D

cow.gif

Could it have been a dancing cow!!! :eek:

Funtastic, now if you'll all excuse me I need to clean up the coffee that projected itself out my nose :D