Pacific North West Gathering.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pacific North West Gathering.

Well?......:confused:
Are you guys up for a day or two or what......
I realize Rehubs are prone to flip-floppin', but.....;):D
It's boatin', man!.......
We need to show them mid-westerners........:)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I pm'd Boom a few week's ago about this subject, ive been just a tad to busy gettin the Hign n Tight Wellcraft in a@# kickn mode............;) Im sure something could be put together just post some time frame's and let me take a look @ what facilities are avaible and see if maybe the salmon are going to make a show or how the crabbn is going...

http://www.martinsbigfish.com/fishingcalendar.htm

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Very good!
My son will be visting from NJ at the time.....
Seafair hydro races are 8/5 so........
I'm open 7/26 thru 8/4......
Like I said, I'd be happy to drive down for a day or two....
Hopefully that won't cramp anybody's style too much......:):)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I'll be gone to Don S's old territory until July 29th. Gunna do a little fishin from a fishin lodge. I'd be game for sumthin after that. Might have to whip TG with my old standby Gulfsream as the progess on the pocket rocket has suffered from home refurb duties.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Well august 3-4-5 looks good, time to speak up. More coming it's your nickle.;)

OldMercsRule

Captain

They are better than they were 20 years ago. When I first moved here from LA, I never imagined that there could be so many grotesque women.

Dang Boom, I never noticed that down there, Bro Haut complains about the butt uglies up here too, (don't know that I agree with him about that). My 21 year old daughter had a party 7/4 at RR island and her very nice looking girl friends took ol' Murky's breath away, 'specially when they had ta go fer a swim (w/o suits), they actually did not swim much just stood there n' let the old farts setting around the beach fire gawk at 'em. Maybe it is who ya hang with, as Murky always seems to spot lots o' purdy girls here in God's Country!!!

I also never saw so many baby carraiges pushed by teen agers. No doubt this was prime country for Democrats to market their wares. There were no end of takers.

Even in recent times I have oft remarked that in the heat of summer, boat after boat would go by with no women/girls in them. The few you did see wore shorts and t-shirts and you were glad for it.

Just last summer I took a boat load of my son's friends out on the river to play. There were two girls who wore normal bikinis and fit them reasonably well. I was in 7th Heaven. Finally, after all these years!

Hope there is some scenery when we get there. :D:D JR

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

My 21 year old daughter had a party 7/4 at RR island and her very nice looking girl friends took ol' Murky's breath away, 'specially when they had ta go fer a swim (w/o suits), they actually did not swim much just stood there n' let the old farts setting around the beach fire gawk at 'em.

Methinks I can detect some wishful thinking on OMR's part. Where is this RR island anyway? When my daughter had friends over to go swimming in our pool, they were all so timid to even show themselves in bathing suits. And no, I was not leering at them.:p

OldMercsRule

Captain

Methinks I can detect some wishful thinking on OMR's part.

No, I told the truth: Boom!

Where is this RR island anyway?

In a little fresh water puddle up in the Cascades North of Seattle.

When my daughter had friends over to go swimming in our pool, they were all so timid to even show themselves in bathing suits.

Yes, I remember when these kids were younger, they were more timid. I was quite surprized that they "skinny dipped" in front of the rest of us, (there were five of us more 'seasoned adults' three ladies n' me and another old fart helping me keep an eye on things) as well: Boom! It must be the: "I'm 21 young and very beautiful; Look but don't touch" syndrome. They had cornsumed some adult beverages, (I rarely do that, especially when I am VERY corncerned about the potential liability of the event [my daughter's party] I was keepin' me eye on). I have informed my daughter to keep the croud smaller next time.

And no, I was not leering at them.:p

I tried not to Boom, but it was an unplanned event after they shot off their fireworks that took me breath away as I allready said. My Point: I've never found the North West lacking in pretty girls as you and Bro Haut seem to think, the young men at the party were very nice looking too. Surprizingly the guys did not get in the water. 'course they knew ol' Murky was not going to allow too much goin' on. I had parties at this same island in the late 1960s and early 1970s that would curl yer hair, n' my parents were not there to keep me in line. I will not knowingly let my kids be as foolish as their old man was at their age. Different strokes fer different folks I say!! JR

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Murky, I must say that the suburban raised girls look much better than the non-shaving, granola crunchin', vegan preachin', Rosie look alikes in the city limits.......:eek:
I know what you mean about not (hopefully) letting your kids do what you did.....:rolleyes:
When I think of some of it ....Well.......:D:D:D

OldMercsRule

Captain

Murky, I must say that the suburban raised girls look much better than the non-shaving, granola crunchin', vegan preachin', Rosie look alikes in the city limits.......:eek:

I do know about those and agree to a point: Bro. I agree there are quite a few of 'em in this town, (prolly hangin' out in Freemont n' maybe the U District), and I bet Portland has their fair share too. That said: there are some real lookers of all ages in this very same town, (Portland too). Me thinks you and Boom get sooooo disqusted when ya see a French Rosie look alike, (and you guys may be correct in that there are more per capita in the NW then elsewhere), ya forget ta ignore those and look fer the lookers that are nearly everywhere I go in GOD's Country. 'course ya know I'm jus' guessin' 'cause I can't read minds: Bro!! :D:

I know what you mean about not (hopefully) letting your kids do what you did.....:rolleyes:
When I think of some of it ....Well.......:D:D

But we did have lots o' fun n' lived to tell the tale didn't we: Bro! There are sooooooo many regulations now that kids can get in real life changing trouble if they try to do what we did. BTW, if is real hard fer the police to nail ya fer bein' naked n' wobbly on yer own private island!!!! (The County will not build ol' Murky a private bridge, (Thank the Lord)!!!!! :D JR

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

You girls figure out when you're having this kiss-a-thon?

klicknative

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm not shure if you guys decided on a location yet, but Maryhill state park has camping and nice mild 102F weather right now.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I'm not shure if you guys decided on a location yet, but Maryhill state park has camping and nice mild 102F weather right now.
Nope, pretty sure the Northern contingent wants western Washington/Oregon.......:)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

You want to do the coast Haunt?

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Maryhill

Good crabbing in the bay, access to salmon fishing both in the river and ocean.......Umm unless one's highly experienced, or a unusally calm day one doesnt cross the bar in a boat less than 26'.......kinda like going to a a@# kickin contest with one leg

http://www.answers.com/topic/columbia-bar

38buoy8onastrongebb.jpg

Thing's are pretty kewl though up to buoy 10, great beach :D you can walk out to the cape's point and see if you want to join the party

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Thank's JB

Some suggestions

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_201.php?md=pic

http://maps.live.com/?q=NEHALEM%20BAY%20STATE%20PARK&mkt=en-US&FORM=BDRE

Good crabbing and decent salmon fising
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Maryhill

Great view very windy rough water but lot's of it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.oldoregon.com/Pages/fortstevens.htm

Good crabbing sometime's good salmon salmon, the fishing and crabbing actually takes place in Hammond Ore which is a stone's thourgh from Fort Steven's, one can actually walk out to the point and see how crazy the bar can get.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=hammond+oregon&oi=map&ct=directions-to&daddr=Hammond,+OR&saddr=&rl=1

http://www.ci.vancouver.wa.us/parks-recreation/parks_trails/parks/west_vancouver/frenchmans.htm

Description forthcoming

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

IT's input time my fellow webfoot's, now to any lurker's your damm well invited, to the highly opininated crew make a stance guy's your worse than a bunch of liberal's......;)