89maxum cuddy/to bowrider/to center console conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

83ProLine

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 89maxum cuddy/to bowrider/to center console conversion

I've about resigned myself to the fact that it will probably be spring before I can get back to working on the boat.

What!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Okay guys - its time to light a fire under Max!

maxum247

Lieutenant

Gonna try and get back on the boat after the first of the year, too many projects going right now along with work. :(

maxum247

Lieutenant

It's been a while since I've been able to do any work on the boat, the last thing I had finished was the deck.
I had planned to do some projects for the boat in the garage this winter, but other things came along that needed to be done. Anyway I just thought I would check in! max!:)

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Copy of Picture 327.jpg
    Copy of Picture 327.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 481.jpg
    Picture 481.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Zackman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Come on Max, it's gotta be getting warmer where you are? Let's get to work, I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest and want to see the final product. ;)

maxum247

Lieutenant

I've been moving kind of slow there Zackman.
I've been working on this boat for about five years now, so I'm looking forward to getting it finished to a point where I can use it again, it's been a couple of years now since I've had it out on the water.
It will probably start warming up here in the next few weeks! So I'll probably get back to work on it sometime in March.
Thought you might get a kick out of the second picture, that was when I was remodeling it to a bowrider. Third picture was after finishing.max!

Attachments

• Picture 470.jpg
    Picture 470.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Copy of Picture 779.jpg
    Copy of Picture 779.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1
  • STA70859.JPG
    STA70859.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 1

83ProLine

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It will probably start warming up here in the next few weeks! So I'll probably get back to work on it sometime in March.
Spring can not come soon enough!

It has been an unusually cold winter here in Southeastern NC.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

As long as its above freezing, I've been working on the boat. I don't want spring to come too fast, I got too much to do!!!!

maxum247

Lieutenant

I can't take the cold like I used to be able to, been working indoors too long I guess. max!:(

58hydraglide

Seaman

Max,

I was thinking about your gas tank dilemma, and being that it's aluminum I wonder if you could soak it with carb and parts cleaner made by Gunk. I bought a gallon of it a couple years ago 23.00 at a local parts store. I used to turn wrenches at a gm dealer years ago and it is the same cleaner we used for carb overhauls. It's real powerful stuff and works on aluminum. (i wouldnt use it on plastic though). Let it soak for a day and flush it. You may have to do it a couple of times but it might work.

Mike

maxum247

Lieutenant

Thanks for the tip!
Been rainy and windy here all weekend, hadn't worked on the boat in a few months, was looking forward to working on it this weekend......

max!

Last edited:

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

.....Been raining and windy here all weekend, hadn't worked on the boat in a few months, was looking forward to working on it this weekend........

You need a place inside to work? I would think so. 'll have to convince the wife:)

At least you don't have two feet of snow!

maxum247

Lieutenant

You need a place inside to work? I would think so. 'll have to convince the wife:)

At least you don't have two feet of snow!

Been held up from working on the boat quite a few times because I've had to work on it outside, on the other hand working inside can get quite dusty, I like working outside best. Plus I don't have a garage full of dust to clean up, outside I clean the boat as I go and that works out great. max!:)

maxum247

Lieutenant

Raked the yard Sunday morning and before I could get finished and get to work on the boat as planned my step son pulled in with car problems. By the time I got his car straight the day was gone. max!

Attachments

• Picture 1085.jpg
    Picture 1085.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0

58hydraglide

Seaman

Max,
You're preachin to the choir! Except it's not a stepson, but laundry, supper, dishes, bringing in firewood, etc.............. At least your mind is gettin closer to the boat! :D

maxum247

Lieutenant

It's rained here most of the day today.:(
Wanted to get the boat to the water over the weekend to get an idea of how it will sit so I'll know how to lay things out from here on and realized the trailer tag is out of date. Nothing like being prepared.:rolleyes:

maxum247

Lieutenant

Well! Guess what! It's raining again today!:(

When the weather breaks and I can get back to work on the boat again I plan to clean up the inside of the hull by sanding and removing the glue and lumps and bumps that are there from the original carpet and getting the deck ready for of some sort of non skid paint.
I'm not trying to make the boat look brand new just presentable and pleasing to the eye.

max!

Attachments

• Picture 2592.jpg
    Picture 2592.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 2243.jpg
    Picture 2243.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0

maxum247

Lieutenant

I spent about three hours with a 3/4" wood cheisel removing old carpet glue from the interior of the hull. Felt good to get back at it after several months of doing nothing to the boat.

max!

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2

maxum247

Lieutenant

When I got home from work today I jumped back on the carpet glue removal detail with my handy 3/4" cheisel. I'm all finished scraping what I can, sanding will get the rest.
Now it's time to start laying out the interior furniture if you will when I get the time. Can't decide wether to box in around the transom and splashwell area or just brace it good and leave it open back there.

Attachments

• Picture 075.jpg
    Picture 075.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0

58hydraglide

Seaman

lookin good max,
It would clean it up a lot if you boxed it in, but that could be a lot of extra work to make it look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.