1987 Chris Craft Amerosport 284 Recondition Thread

Kayant

Recruit
Re: 1987 Chris Craft Amerosport 284 Recondition Thread

One thing that I could use some help on and maybe you would know it how to gain access to the forward bilge pump and shower sump pump... Any ideas? The shower keeps bringing water back up and the sump does not kick on.

The pump for the shower is behind the back wall of the closet it is not underneath the stairs the hot water heater is on the the stairs working on mine for two years now hasn't seen the water yet hoping this yr I put in 2 new A cruise or 350 vortex

Kayant

Recruit

Okay let me try this again hopefully the spell correct doesn't kick in the hot water heater is located underneath the staircase the pump for the shower is located in the back wall of the closet you need to remove it it is fastened with Phillips screws The water pump is located underneath the rear birth toward the back left side almost in the middle still did not locate the forward bilge pump I don't even think there is a forward bilge pump if there is please let me know my boat has not seen the water iin 2 years I just finished putting in 2 merc Cruisers 350 Vortex engines 315hp for each engine can't wait to see how she runs but I don't know what size prop I should use if you can tell me what size prop you having on your 305 right now it would help,I got my boat without any props at least it will give me a good start to dial-in what size prop i do need,I Heard a lot of good things about this vessel I had the Amerosport 230 it was a very good boat but very heavy boat now I have the 284 I can't wait to see how she runs on the water good luck with your boat too

jbcurt00

Staff member

Kyle hasn't posted to this thread since Nov 2011........... And hasn't logged onto iboats since Sept 2012. I don't think he's still looking for info....

Big red banner should have indicated this thread is inactive, and to not post to it unless you're the original poster...................

steve grono

Recruit

I hope that Kyle gets back on this thread. I have a 1988 284 amerosport here in CT, and considered painting, but the budgetary quote i got was rediculas.

I just purchased a 1987 Amerosport 283. I would love to see any updated photos of some work done to the cabin. I have two sons 10 and 12 years and was a bit concerned they wouldn't fit on the sleeper table bed it seems small. Any ideas on how to make that a bunk bed or more roomy? Would love to see photos of your Amerosport.

I just bought a 1987 Amerosport 283. Thanks for all the great info as I catch up on your threads. I haven't seen any in awhile but still going thru them and perhaps I started at the beginning. Can you keep me in the loop. I would really appreciate it. I have some photos and as soon as I figure out how on my iPhone I will post them. Again thx for the info.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Kyle hasn't posted to this thread since Nov 2011........... And hasn't logged onto iboats since Sept 2012. I don't think he's still looking for info....

Big red banner should have indicated this thread is inactive, and to not post to it unless you're the original poster...................

Try PM'ing (Private Messaging) Kyle. Like I said, it's been a long while since he even logged on to the iboats system, Sept 26, 2012......

If you all start a thread about YOUR project boats, rather then hijacking Kyle's thread to discuss your project, you'll likely get lots more help then posting to an year & a half old thread.............

stbuckley

Cadet

Vinny - I just bought a 283 :)

I think I'll start a new 283/284 thread.

See you there.

:)

Sorry just saw this. You may start a new thread! I'm in.

I'm new to forum though. How do I find it. Vinny