Stingray 658ZP Canvas!

Nickemannen

Cadet
HI!

I Have a stingray 658ZP 1996, i need a new canvas and have searched all the internet but can?t find a full canvas for my modell, please help me.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Stingray 658ZP Canvas!

HI!

I Have a stingray 658ZP 1996, i need a new canvas and have searched all the internet but can?t find a full canvas for my modell, please help me.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... You'll have the Best Luck, goin' Local,...

Search out a local canvas/ upholstery shop, 'n have it custom built...

It's the only way to really get it to "Fit" right,... ;)

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yup, custom made is the way to go.

You could contact stingray, they sell canvas "kits" (ie, the snaps are not installed) for a lot of their boats... Whether they go back as far as '96, I doubt, but maybe worth a try.

Nickemannen

Cadet

Yup, custom made is the way to go.

You could contact stingray, they sell canvas "kits" (ie, the snaps are not installed) for a lot of their boats... Whether they go back as far as '96, I doubt, but maybe worth a try.

Do you have an email to stingray? Have search their site but can?t find a mail.

Thank?s

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Do you have an email to stingray? Have search their site but can?t find a mail.

Thank?s

They don't deal directly with consumers unless you are in the Stingray Boat Owner's Club. Then you can post a question on their web site and they will respond.

Stop in your local dealer and ask them to get pricing for you. I guarantee that will be cheaper than a custom canvas maker and it WILL be custom canvas. I would imagine they could duplicate any year of their manufacture. All their parts are CAD files.

If you don't have a local dealer, join the club! It's free. Links are on the web site.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

you can also try these two

www.dowco-inc.com

http://www.greatlakesboattop.com/

they are the OEM canvas company for many boat builders, however you may need to go local.

also, if your canvas still has the original tag sewn in one of the seams, you can find out who made the canvas originally.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

They don't deal directly with consumers unless you are in the Stingray Boat Owner's Club. Then you can post a question on their web site and they will respond.

Yup, and since the OP is an owner, he can register. Stingray's owner's website is great... They list every part made for your boat (at least for newer ones like mine), so you can take the numbers to your dealer if you need anything. Their prices for most parts, to include canvas, are excellent.. I can get a whole new set of snap-in carpet for my boat for ~$150!

Nickemannen

Cadet

Yup, and since the OP is an owner, he can register. Stingray's owner's website is great... They list every part made for your boat (at least for newer ones like mine), so you can take the numbers to your dealer if you need anything. Their prices for most parts, to include canvas, are excellent.. I can get a whole new set of snap-in carpet for my boat for ~$150!

I cant log in to the webpage for members otherwise i would have done that and searched for a canvas.

Any ideas?

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I cant log in to the webpage for members otherwise i would have done that and searched for a canvas.

Any ideas?

Well, why can't you? All you have to do is register and they will give you access...

Nickemannen

Cadet

Well, why can't you? All you have to do is register and they will give you access...

Because i have to wait for an email from them and later send a serialnumber and a ownership paper of the boat before they can give me acces.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Because i have to wait for an email from them and later send a serialnumber and a ownership paper of the boat before they can give me acces.

Yup, true story. You have to give them the HIN and show proof of ownership, then they will give you access. Doesn't take more then a few days.

Anyway, seems like people have given you the answers you were looking for already. You options for canvas are Stingray or custom made locally.