High Tech Person

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
High-tech Person

Three persons , person one , person two , and person three were sitting in a politically correct sauna. Suddenly there was a beeping sound. Person one pressed his forearm and the beep stopped. The others looked at him questioningly. “That was my pager,”he said, “I have a microchip under the skin of my arm.” A few minutes later a phone rang. Person two lifted his palm to his ear.When he finished he explained, “That was my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand.” Person three felt decidedly low tech, but not to be outdone he decided he had to do something just as impressive. He stepped out of the sauna for a minute. He returned with a piece of paper hanging from the waistband of his towel. The others raised their eyebrows and stared at him. Person three finally said “Well, will you look at that, I’m getting a fax.

halfmoa

Ensign
Re: High Tech Person

Person one reminds me of a person who used to impersonate another person.

I personally like the other thread better.

inb4 deleted.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks brother..... ;) :D
Person one reminds me of a person who used to impersonate another person.

I personally like the other thread better.

inb4 deleted.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Instead of person, use boater. Then no one will be singled out and all can be offended.:eek::)

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Not true,..... all persons are persons , however , not all persons are boaters , and that could offend SOME boaters ! ;)
Instead of person, use boater. Then no one will be singled out and all can be offended.:eek::)

QC

Supreme Mariner

My brain cells are offended :facepalm: :p :)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahh Jeeeze ! I'm running out of edits !

Don't worry about it. Some people get offended because they don't understand the joke. Some can't even tell if it's a joke. And in todays world, if you don't understand something, then you have have to blame someone, so it must be the joke teller that is .................. ahhhh, never mind, the people with problems wouldn't understand what I said anyway.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Thank You.... we do live in a 'touchy' world.....I do appreciate the effort and fairness. My hat is off to you guys. What you have to do just cant be easy, even though you guys are paid a Kings Ransom ! ;)

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

All in all , its actually even funnier now to those who saw the beginning of this debacle ! :D

halfmoa

Ensign

All in all , its actually even funnier now to those who saw the beginning of this debacle ! :D

True....and you have to remember that this is a commercial site, not Joe Blow's forum. I've been guilty too! I once started a thread called "Worst thread ever" that didn't last long. FWIW I thought it was a great idea but apparently a mod didn't agree.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

I'm glad we can all be friends...ya never know when one of us may need assistance from another boating brother out on the waters we sail our vessels on... ;)

True....and you have to remember that this is a commercial site, not Joe Blow's forum. I've been guilty too! I once started a thread called "Worst thread ever" that didn't last long. FWIW I thought it was a great idea but apparently a mod didn't agree.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

I saw the beginning, I wisely refrained from posting. ;)

Now...... this thread just made me spit my politically correct friday night adult beverage all over my laptop. I think their might be damage. :eek: Darn you Stachi. :facepalm:

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

NO WAY ,NO HOW ,... will I pay for any damage to your computer components caused by your SPUTEM !!!!! :D
I saw the beginning, I wisely refrained from posting. ;)

Now...... this thread just made me spit my politically correct friday night adult beverage all over my laptop. I think their might be damage. :eek: Darn you Stachi. :facepalm:

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Don't worry about it. Some people get offended because they don't understand the joke. Some can't even tell if it's a joke. And in todays world, if you don't understand something, then you have have to blame someone, so it must be the joke teller that is .................. ahhhh, never mind, the people with problems wouldn't understand what I said anyway.
See, the iboats mods DO have a sense of humor, even though they still sometimes have to swing that sword of vengenance. :D

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Only when they are forcedto wield the sword.... they are boating brothers just as we are... kudos to those overpaid burstards !
See, the iboats mods DO have a sense of humor, even though they still sometimes have to swing that sword of vengenance. :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The trouble with much humor is that it ridicules somebody. If there is a label on that somebody it offends our rules against negatively portraying another person. Very hard to edit or delete when cackling, but that is what we have to do.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Wel.......
The trouble with much humor is that it ridicules somebody. If there is a label on that somebody it offends our rules against negatively portraying another person. Very hard to edit or delete when cackling, but that is what we have to do.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

By the way , the original post was a declaration of the intelligence and ingenuity of the person from New Foundland , however , that was missed by those who were to quick to have a knee-jerk reaction before comprehending what was said.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Hey, what happened to the Newfie joke thread? Did someone get their knickers in a knot?......ahhh, come on guys.
I'm a Canadian...we make Newfie jokes all the time. Heck the Newfies come up with most of them....they have very good senses of humour, just look at Rick Mercer and Mary Walsh!!:D
Now that said, has anyone seen anything from our premier resident newfie TallCanadian lately?
I hope we don't get too wrapped up in the PC world......(I've been saving up all my best 'Floridian' and/or 'New Jersian' jokes that I wanted to use up in the fall):D
My two bits.
BP:)