new to me 1968 pictures - maybe ??

oldbadger

Seaman Apprentice
th_1.jpg

oldbadger

Seaman Apprentice
Re: new to me 1968 pictures - maybe ??

well i just got the first pictures posted of the Starcraft 18' I bought -- can I get the picture any bigger ?

oldbadger

Seaman Apprentice

Well there are some of the pictures. Sorry they are so small. I think it is a Holiday model but not sure? Any comments would be great. It has a new floor with flotation in it and a new this month transom - besides the new wood on the back with the new transom it has a full 1/4" thick aluminum plate forming the transom as well on the outside ? instead of the sheet aluminum. It has an added kicker mount on the port side there also that is kind of neat.

Thanks Jim

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It's not worth the trouble trying to post pics right on iboats. The size restrictions are too strict. Most of us created a free account on a site like photobucket.com and uploaded them there. Then you can just link to them from here. The forum-favorite photo size is 640x480. You can resize them right on photobucket with 1 click.

Nice boat! (I think :)) Good luck with the pics.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Those pics are a whole lot better..

I have a 68 Holiday, and even though mine is the I/O...you dont have the same step up to the bow and the walk through windshield...

I'm not saying it isn't, as the OB model may have been different and what you have.

Hope that clears things up..LOL
Sorry

oldbadger

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the reply - and yes that is one of the things I have noticed on this one - the lack of walk through window and the dash area. I havent found a picture on the net yet of one like this. I believe it is all original except for the SS plate on the dash holding the guages ..

The motor runs great except for starting cold which seems to be a common problem with this. I have a 2003 90hp Johnson Seahorse - bought new in 2005 and has less than 40 hours on it - I will probably sell the Suzuki - mount the Johnson and use the money to put a canvas top on it.

Good luck to ya -- Jim

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

Learning to post the pics is the hardest part of the site, looks good! nobody messed with her much:D have any future plans or leave her as is?

oldbadger

Seaman Apprentice

Besides the green canvas top/cabin - like maybe the newer ones and any suggestions on that would be great. I think a Green strip on the outside top like the originals, a kicker and a swim ladder is about it for me. Not much happens around here (PNW)for boats this time of year so I need to cover it and store it till next spring.

There is the original hull sticker on the back starboard side that says its a 1968. The guy taped over it to save it before any work or paint was done. Not a bad thought though.

Thanks for the help -- Jim

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Nice Starcraft. Where do you live in this wonderful State of Wa. Ed

oldbadger

Seaman Apprentice

Well I?ll be ? there it is right on top. I remember looking at that old Boucher a few day?s ago. I think the part with ALL the girls running at the boat kind of stuck in my mind. So it is a Holiday with a sticker on the hull of a 68? and its in the ad for a 67? ? interesting I guess.
Pugetsound ? I would be just north of you actually ? Burlington out by the airport. How about your self?