quality of ubats.com threads

Kiwi Phil

Commander
Don't know if anyone else has notice this point, but of late, the quality of the threads posted has improved....out of sight.
I do know that several members have left for another forum as I believe they may have become tired of the endless political bashings that were going on.
I for one have enjoyed recent threads....
they seem to be more interesting
they seem more like what goes on in everybody's daily life etc.

I am not suggesting we should avoid 'politics', but may i suggest that yes, we express our views and opinions on the subject, but respect others should they not agree.....and refrain from relating as much as possible back to a politician we do not support.

Cheers
Phillip

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: quality of ubats.com threads

Sounds good to me Phil. Haven't had much time to visit these boards since the new software kicked in and must say I was shocked and saddened to see (or not see) so many of the old names and faces that frequented the boards over the past few years :(

Was it the political arguments that killed the board, or at the very least gave it a nasty flesh wound? Did everyone just get bored with the board and move on?

Then again, now that we've been here for several years longer than we ever intended to stay, it does seem to be a very seasonal section down here in DC. Come the Fall (as our former colonists call it :D ) no doubt we may see more old faces return to the fold....................

My old father used to say "If you can't say something nice then d............. " :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The period of time I was off the board was due to the loggin problems. (the longest period of time I've been off since 5/01)Just got tired of finding ways to get back on. Once the board was revamped and with the help of Ryan, I'm back. I'm thinking lots of other members have experienced the same thing.

Yep, I got tired of the political bashing,,,,,,still don't like it. However it will still go on. It doesn't matter what administration is in power, it will be bashed by those who lost the vote. I bet from George Washington to the present, every administration had its grief. Anymore there is too much dirty laundry being hung out for everyone to see. Nothing is or can be kept secret anymore it seems.

rwise

Captain

me thinks its a bit more than the political crap! some folks will not like it when part of there post dissappears without a reason why given. Myself if I now a thread is political I will not even open it. I have my opinion and its mine I will express it at the poles. your opinion is yours and you are welcome to it, isn't that part of what we are all about here in the states?

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

I will express it at the poles. your opinion is yours and you are welcome to it, isn't that part of what we are all about here in the states?

Not just in the States ;)

Must admit I'm the same, if it looks political then it just doesn't get read, partly because we have no idea who half the names are anyway.

I still try and live by the philosophy of "it's nice to be nice" and get on with life as best we can.

Of course the boards could just be quiet because everyone else is away enjoying their boats :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I about ready to do that if I cannot find something to float soon. :D

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Maybe it's just my perspective, but it seems to me that the vast majority of the political bashing on iboats Dockside is started by the side of the party in power bashing the side of the party that is not. Then the bashed respond by bashing, and the vicious circle goes round and round. I'm estimatinig that the conservative side is three (or more) to one over the liberal side here in the iboats basement. Yet it seems to be the conservative siders that get the most bent out of shape when somebody has the audacity to see things differently.

Take this Michael Moore thing. I have a hard time understanding how anybody could think our US healthcare system isn't sick. Yet because it is Michael Moore bringing it to the forefront, it's automatically Anti-Bush or Anti-American for some reason. I just think way too many of us refuse to consider the facts and let rhetoric rule our thoughts.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Maybe it's just my perspective, but it seems to me that the vast majority of the political bashing on iboats Dockside is started by the side of the party in power bashing the side of the party that is not. Then the bashed respond by bashing, and the vicious circle goes round and round. I'm estimatinig that the conservative side is three (or more) to one over the liberal side here in the iboats basement. Yet it seems to be the conservative siders that get the most bent out of shape when somebody has the audacity to see things differently.

Take this Michael Moore thing. I have a hard time understanding how anybody could think our US healthcare system isn't sick. Yet because it is Michael Moore bringing it to the forefront, it's automatically Anti-Bush or Anti-American for some reason. I just think way too many of us refuse to consider the facts and let rhetoric rule our thoughts.

There goes the neighborhood..............
popcorn.gif

ricksrster

Commander

I kinds prefer the blonde jokes over the political stuff anyway,

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It does get old after a while.
Day after day of the same stuff.
The left is bad, the President is no good, etc.
Would be nice for one whole day where not one political post was made.:rolleyes:

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

It does get old after a while.
Day after day of the same stuff.
The left is bad, the President is no good, etc.
Would be nice for one whole day where not one political post was made.:rolleyes:

Yeah like that would happen! :p:D

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

They'd only claim it was a conspiracy by the left or the right...........or little friends :D