side window plastic

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 19 ft.cuddy one of my zippered plastic windows is missing.Can I just take the other side to a canvas shop and have them make me a window "opposite" of the one I do have.I am pretty sure the snap buttons and zippers should "mirror" the other side.Any comments.Thanks.Star

18rabbit

Captain
Re: side window plastic

You can hold the window you have up to the hole of the window you need and see if the snaps match. If not, just have a couple snaps installed on the top of the new window, hang and mark where the snaps go, then return to the shop to install them…or buy the little punch and install them yourself. It is really easy to do.

Bondo

Staff member

I can tell you from experince,<br />You'll get a Much Better Fit, <br />If you Bring them the Boat..........<br /><br />A Half Inch is a Mile, on a boat roof...........<br />Especially the Snaps......... ;)

Ben Konopacky

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree with bondo 100 % and your not saving a dime and gatting a better fit.

18rabbit

Captain

I just did a bunch of snaps for a boat cover. You are absolutely right about getting the snaps in the right place. The boat was at a shop for the first pass and they were off by ¼ inch … no good, the cover would not fit. I found it really easy to install the snaps myself using one of those punch tools and a little metal dish that comes with it. Now the snaps are perfect.

Link

Rear Admiral

Bondo is correct if you can take the boat to the shop. But I have had them make a mirror image and then put my own snaps in afterwards. <br /><br />Or mabe zipping it in first and marking with a felt pen the center of each snap and take it back afterwards to let them finish<br /><br />1/4" off my left foot! Try being a 1/16" off on a cold rainy day. That canvas can be like stretching steel when it's cold! <br /><br />I think we have all BTDT and those stories are best told over a cold one. :D <br /><br />Let us know what you did.<br /><br />Link

orion208

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the replies,I think I will go with the scetching idea and do the snaps myself thanks again.