tilt motor

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I can tilt down but not up.When I push the up button I am not getting a click at selenoid.All the wires seem to be in place.I haven't started to try and fix it yet,thought I'd post and get some suggestions on what to look for.Any help appreciated. :confused: <br /><br /> Jim

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: tilt motor

1994 5L mercuiser has camodore 3000 controls, tilt only-no trim.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: tilt motor

I'm not real familiar with the Mercruiser tilt system, but if it has 2 selonoid relays, try swapping them out and see if it goes up. It could also be in the button itself. You could try applying 12 Volts directly to the tilt motor and see what happens. If it goes down, reverse the leads and see if it goes up. This will eliminate the tilt motor as the problem. Disconnect the pump wires going to the switch first before trying this. The pump is probably OK, as it does work in the down mode. I'm betting it's the relay, if it indeed has 2 of them or the selonoid. Better information can be had if you post this in the "I/O or Inboard Engine Repair & Questions" section on this forum. Might be more people familiar with your set-up.