MirroCraft Resto! Need Help!

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: MirroCraft Resto! Need Help!

Thanks tm, I'm thinkin of just choppin it down maybe 2-3 inches. And to be honest with you I really wanted a closed bow with a dash up front, I just didnt have enough height on the gunwales...you would have been sittin on the floor to drive...lol...I may have some more updates tomorrow, the foward storage compartments received there last coat of rhino lining...now its ready for the deck to go down!!! :D:D

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys, its been forever since I've updated. Lots to show, but unfortunately I'm not at my computer... Got the front deck all glassed down, finished grinding ALL glass(...what fun!!!...) and have 2 coats of primer in the main deck ready for rhino lining... I'm just sittin here thinking....has anyone ever tried with a paint on bedliner (I'm not sure which base it is) to change the color? i.e- My rhino lining is black, take some white of the same base and make it gray???

D

DJ

fishie,

It looks good. Yes, you need to extend those trailer bunks.

I don't want to rain on your parade but I'm very concerned. You are adding a lot of weight to that boat that I'm not sure it can handle.

The capacity plate should give you a weight rating. You have to remember that the weight rating includes: engine, people, gear, fuel, battery, etc. Typically, there is not a lot of room there.

I hope it all works out OK.

With all that said, I like how it looks.

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks DJ, trust me I've thought about the weight issues! Each full sheet of plywood I use weighs in @ 81lbs( 2 1/2 sheets @202.5lbs) Minus (2) 13.5" x 20" hatches and (2) 12"x8" hatches... removes a little weight( Replacing with light weight ABS hatches) The 2 benches that I had in their originally both had soaked foam + a small front bench/step all together weighed in @ 176lbs!!:eek: The boat rode high in the water, and had power out the ying yang!! So by adding the floor I really have only added roughly 26.5lbs...however I am also factoring in weight of glass, new console(have not weighed yet, but VERY light!) seats, controls, batteries...and of course passengers! Oh yay...lol... My maiden voyage, with soaked seats, myself(205lbs) my girl(115lbs) My sister(125lbs) AND her ernormous:eek::D boyfriend(315lbs) YAY! That was my weight test!LOL, I used him as a ballast... I know I'm mean. But anyway, I love critiscism like DJ's!! It is truely appreciated so keep it coming!!

D

DJ

Good. Glad to see you did your homework.;)

Now, extend those bunks before you hang the engine.:)

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

DJ, any ideas on the bunks...? I really don't feel like building new ones... I can't scoot them back there not long enough...and I can't scoot the boat foward because as it stands I only have about 2' from the bow stop to the trailer tongue...I'm thinkin I'm gonna just have to build new ones...dang it! :rolleyes: oh well...

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Went by a local boat place today...WOW.... They ( Lake Marine Liqudators) had my steering setup for 100 bucks!!! That includes a chrome destroyer wheel, NFB rotary helm, 10' cable and all the bits and pieces!! They also had my twin lever top mount controls...80 BUCKS!! sweeeeet! I think I may have found my next project as well!! More on that to come... I'll snag some pics when I go back up there to get my parts... I'm excited!! :D:D:D

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

UPDATES-----
Got the lower deck all primed, ready for herculiner-
IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Top view of the bilge-
IMG_0712.jpg

Full length view, the green stuff is a filler I'm using.....
IMG_0709.jpg

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The stuff is awesome!!! Poly resin with the fibers already mixed in!
IMG_0710.jpg

what fun...more grinding....AHHHH!
IMG_0716.jpg

The splahwell had been just sittin...I realized that it was time to get back at it!
IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Did I mention it's hot in Georgia....??:D:D
IMG_0786.jpg

D

DJ

Very, very nice. Great deal on the steering set up. Nice find!

You should see me in the AZ heat. 115 degrees and it ain't a dry heat anymore.:(

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

115 degrees!!!:eek: It only made it up to 97 here, i think humidity was at like 90%!!!! Makes it feel so much hotter!! Well after the sweltering heat and the ridiculous amount of grindin.... I think I'm making some progress... Not much longer now and I'll have her on the waves for some tests...:D:D

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys, more pics coming later tonight! .....not near my camera right now... Got some awesome progress made on her today!! :D:D !!

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

GEEEEEZZZZZ... lol... finally got back to my puter and my digi!! And....the update!!
Got the splashwell all sealed up and ready for some MORE grindin and sandin!
IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

The drain hole drilled and all glassed in, this part was a bit nerve rackin!!! There was a gap between the bottom the the transom, splashwell and the the hull...It was about 3/8" wide! I had to use this bondo glass stuff to bridge the gap.. I recommend this stuff to everyone!! VERY easy to work with...
IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Started preppin the front deck for primer...more grindin...more sanding!!!
IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

And the finished product!...well after being fully primed from bow to stern!:D
IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

Full Length--
IMG_0828.jpg

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Any suggestions on hatch hardware? I'm really kinda stuck on that!....

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Any suggestions on hatch hardware? I'm really kinda stuck on that!....

so am i bud.....my b-liner has alum "t" like edging that goes around the edge of the cut out.....simply slips in a hole .....works good....but im having a problem tracking it down !

tcindie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

bump.... updates today! Lots of progress since last time!! :D:D

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

The stuff is awesome!!! Poly resin with the fibers already mixed in!
IMG_0710.jpg

I was going to buy some to fix some damage on my hull but was sure if it would be any good....has anyone else tried it?

Ian