MirroCraft Resto! Need Help!

sschefer

Rear Admiral
Re: MirroCraft Resto! Need Help!

Looks great, nice job on the steering tube and linkage. Pedestals drove me nuts at first but I finally settled with a backer underneath glued and screwed to the deck and then I drilled oversized holes and used T nuts driven in from the underside. It works slick because I can pull the pedestal base completely out of the boat and put it back with just one wrench. When it's out there's nothing there to trip over either.

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ss- Do you mean the back piece you used was above or below deck? And what are " T-Nuts" ? Like toggle bolts? I bought a set of toggle bolts to see if I could mess with those...
TD- The method you recommended with the "taco" brand bolts... Do you just slide those down from topside and cinch em down? Not sure how those work... Should get the linkage arm tomorrow! Thanks again!!

sschefer

Rear Admiral

T-Nuts are hard to explain, a decent hardware store should have them. Once you see them you'll understand.
Yes the backer goes in under the deck. Not an option for you if you can't get under the deck. TD's Taco Toggles will probably work best for you. You just drill the right size hole, push them in and then pull them back to set the toggle. I've never used the Taco ones I usually use a standard wing toggle. The Taco's are supposed to be good.

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got my fish finder installed today!!!! Works great...well in simulator mode. Go for lake test as soon as my steering linkage comes in....:D:D:D

superjay

Cadet

Waiting for an update, been following this thread since the beggining, would also like to know the final outcome of the mix between tin/fibreglass. :)

FEESE

Recruit

BUMP !!

I've got the same boat and wouldn't mind an update (with pics) too!! :)

fishie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead! Made a few changes since I last posted, will post some pics pretty soon. Still no issues from the glass/tin bonds!

snake64

Recruit
hey Ryan, I have a deep fisherman identical to yours, I'll post some pics showing what I did to mine.I made a sub floor with 1/4 inch russian birch plywood ( light and very strong ), and covered it with marine carpet. I'm very happy with the results.

Attachments

• general pics 009.jpg
    general pics 009.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 0