2016 Starcraft Splash of the Year Award Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015

It?s time we get nominations underway for this year?s Starcraft Splash Of The Year Award (SOTY) for Starcraft vessels declared as officially ?Splashed? back into the water after significant refits, renovations, modifications, etc. All iboats Website members are invited to nominate their favorite Starcraft boat reported by their owners as having been splashed in 2016. I don't think it will be an issue this year but a maximum of 10 nominations will be accepted.

Last year there was some confusion and problems associated with there being no set guideline or rules. As a result, the Mod team has worked on drafting a set of guidelines and requirements to minimize the confusion and eliminate similar problems this year.

Moderator Drafted Rules

1: Restoration, rebuild, redo, rehab or re-worked project must have been well documented @ iboats forums. With good reference text and pix posts.

2; Nominated member must have been active prior to the nominations starting (end of Nov) AND be willing to commit to being active after winning PLUS agree to return and help manage next year?s SOTY process including paying for the next year's winner plates and plaque shipping.

3: It will NOT be an iboats sponsored award.

4: Members MUST have 5posts to vote in the SOTY poll. The Mod/admin team can and will look into voting irregularities, and has had to in the past.

5: This is not a popularity contest. It is stipulated that if you had a good buddy help on a resto, encourage him to join (the Iboats community) and vote. But not every random person (who you likely don't even know) who reads your posts on Facebook should be joining solely to vote. It will further be stipulated that ballot box stuffing, as deemed by the Mod team and iboats admins, will be dealt with. This includes removal of a nominated boat from consideration plus possible banning of the nominated member for unsportsmanlike conduct not in the spirit of the award.

6: This a nomination, voting and award by members: fellow peers here at iboats, that have followed a resto, probably assisted at some point along the way and want to recognize your hard work and dedication to completing your resto. Again, not a popularity contest open to voting for everyone that works where you do, the dominoes, square dancing or hockey group you're a member of or open to your Facebook, Twitter or other social media "friends ".

7: No 'self' nominated boats, boats must be nominated by another member.

8: Again, as noted above, this is NOT an iboats sponsored award or poll, and there should be no expectations otherwise.

9: SOTY winners may be contacted by iboats admin or corporate staff to possibly be featured in a newsletter at some future date. This is not a endorsement (paid or otherwise) of the boat or owner by iboats.* It should be a badge of pride to have been nominated, and is a great honor to be voted the
(6th annual) " Starmada Splash of the Year 2016 winner ".. Or the first ever "Restoration Forum Splash Of The Year winner".

10. The nomination, win and plaque are the ONLY recognition or award. There is no award or prize of any kind from iboats.

Please post your nominations in this thread and paste a link to the owner?s rebuild thread. Please don?t include pictures in this nominations thread. I will contact each of the nominees by Private Message to confirm that they wish to be entered in the award contest. I will add their info by updating this top-of-the-page post. Nominations up to a maximum of 10 will be accepted until midnight EST Jan 5, 2017.

After January 5 2017, a new voting thread will be created that will show all nominees and a link to their rebuild thread for your review. As in past years, I expect that 1 or 2 pictures of each entry will be included in the voting thread, usually a before and after shot. You will be permitted one vote for your favorite Starcraft boat that was splashed in 2016. Voting will end at midnight EST January 15, 2017.

Cheers! and Good Luck to the nominees!
The 2016 Nominees;

budski - 1988 SuperSport 180 Nomination declined

ssdale - 1959 16' Super Constellation accepted nomination

CBGale - 1978 SS 16' Rustoration accepted nomination

g0nef1sshn -
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...ss#post9650875 accepted nomination

natemeins 1971 Sprint
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...t-v15-restomod accepted nomination

Memphis117 - Jupiter 16'
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...oration-begins accwpted nomination

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks Rob

Good luck to all the nominated boats/owners

Members can vote in both polls, Starcraft owner or not, but Starcraft boats can only compete in 1 SOTY, either here or in the Restoration forum.

Restoration forum SOTY:
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...sh-of-the-year

I encourage all members to look thru all the nominated boats in both SOTY catagories

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
All the known splashes are in this thread - 2016 Starmada Splashes

Make a post in that thread if you splashed during the year and it will be updated. Check the 1st post for all splashes to date.

Good luck to all nominees! You all deserve a :first:.

GA_Boater

How bout I start it off with Budski's SS

Budski our first 2016 nominee and I'm throwing out ssdale's updated 1959.

The bottom of the first post in this thread has the current list of nominees. Take a look at the Splash List and make a nomination. The Starmada has great craftsmen milling around in that Mob! :D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I have to get a super nice Chief in the running!

Oldhaven's Another Maine Starchief

Mod EDIT: nomination regretfully declined​

oldhaven

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the consideration WM and all, but even though I have been out boating in my Chief, I don't consider it completed yet. I still have to fix the leaky tank, which will entail a tear out and reinstall of the side walls and rear deck at the least. (ugh!) I have to get the enclosure finished and do a lot of cabin interior and wood work, like rear sliding splash well doors. Then there is some hull and cabin stripping and painting still to do and trailer work. I hope to be finished next spring. I think there are more complete and deserving candidates for this year. Still, I really appreciate the nomination.

Ron

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I don't know if he'll agree to the terms of the award but I would like to nominate the 10 year build of Jasoutside and his islander. That build has probably inspired half of us if not more in one way or another.
Mod EDIT: Jason declined, he's not yet finished​

jbcurt00

Staff member
jasoutside may not even get the nomination notification to accept it, which will put him out of contention.

But great nomination Pat. He's on the list.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Hey fellas, I got an email from a fellow iboater letting me know I was up on this board. Thanks for the nomination! I'm honored and very appreciative!

I'll have to pass though. With all the engine hogwash and swap that happened mid/late summer I wasn't able to truly "finish" the project unfortunately. I still have the stern jump seats to build and install. I did finish building out the swim platform, it's very cool, but yet need to install that too. Plus a few other details.... I actually just winterized it, wrapped er all up and pushed her out to the woods the other night. Anyhow, I don't feel it's appropriate to be sitting in this event with where the Islander is at. Budski's and ssdale's boats are both awesome and will certainly represent what this whole thing is about!

Thanks again, rock on, Jason:joyous:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Had to be nominated Jas, it did Splash. maybe name the award after his build lol each started about the same time right? just funnin with ya Jason. Rock on and don't be a stranger.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
GA in the splashed 2016 thread CBGale2 Holiday and SS build and splash are mixed up. He's been a very active member over the years and done quite a few boats.

I see my other nomination has been declined so I would like to nominate Charlie's super sweet Super Sport!
[FONT=&quot]1978 16ft Super Sport Rustoration[/FONT]

GA_Boater

GA in the splashed 2016 thread CBGale2 Holiday and SS build and splash are mixed up. He's been a very active member over the years and done quite a few boats.

I see my other nomination has been declined so I would like to nominate Charlie's super sweet Super Sport!
[FONT=&quot]1978 16ft Super Sport Rustoration[/FONT]

Uncrossed Charlies Holiday and Rustoration SS builds, Rob.

Also added Charlies 16' SS to the nomination list. The right one I think. Gimme a :facepalm:

So far budski, ssdale and CBGale2 are nominated. Any missed nominations?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Added Gones to the list, nice nomination John. Thanks

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
I would like to nominate a truly unique restoration.
g0nef1sshn - 1977 SuperSport conversion, [/URL] [h=2][/h]

Wow.. i been kinda outa the loop latley and just saw this. I really appreciate the nomination and love to join the races! Although I accept that those who restored back to original or better will suck in the votes I am stoked and honored that its even in the running!

Good luck to all! This is like a xmas bonus super bowl every year!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Wow.. i been kinda outa the loop latley and just saw this. I really appreciate the nomination and love to join the races! Although I accept that those who restored back to original or better will suck in the votes I am stoked and honored that its even in the running!

Good luck to all! This is like a xmas bonus super bowl every year!

By suck in the votes by the way i mean rack em in/collect them all/ win the tallies lol and so forth. When i re read that it looked like that can be taken as negative terms. Just wanted to clarify i know the calliber of restores in this amazing recognition of collected splashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.