Zodiac 310s, how fast is safe ?

xrunner

Cadet
I put a johnson 8hp on my new zodiac zoom 310s and got on plane in no time, however I don't have experience and boat seemed too light and too fast. Boat bounced off few waves and jumped pretty high. Is there a chance to roll over or something not fun like that ? If you have some useful advices please share. Thanks

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Zodiac 310s, how fast is safe ?

It will just feel a little loose at first but you will get use to it very quickly, you are pretty safe, you can try to make the steering of the motor a little tighter that will help .... and make sure you distribute you weight in the center of the boat, if it feels a little a little hectic when you go over waves move your weight to the front ...... you will get the hang of it really quick .... enjoy .... the only way of you actually rolling over is if you play in huge waves ... see attached hahaha
crash4.jpg

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Zodiac 310s, how fast is safe ?

It will just feel a little loose at first but you will get use to it very quickly, you are pretty safe, you can try to make the steering of the motor a little tighter that will help .... and make sure you distribute you weight in the center of the boat, if it feels a little a little hectic when you go over waves move your weight to the front ...... you will get the hang of it really quick .... enjoy .... the only way of you actually rolling over is if you play in huge waves ... see attached hahaha . . .
crash4.jpg