Your Least Liked Rock Song

NYMINUTE

Captain
Overplayed, over exposed, or commercialized.<br /><br />My personal least liked:<br />Stairway to Heaven...Led Zeppelin.<br /><br />What is yours? :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Your Least Liked Rock Song

"Baby one more time" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Worse yet: Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple.<br /><br />Anyone who picks up an electric guitar - even for the first time, can play the intro to that stupid song! Put it this way... if you go to a music store, grab a guitar off the rack and start to play that song, you will get your A$$ kicked! :p <br /><br />Butch A.

gaugeguy

Captain

Aerosmith's "Walk This Way". Not the original, but the one they sold out with and made it a rap song with Run DMC :mad:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

ANYTHING Rap. Is that music??? The only rap song I ever liked was Hammer's "You Can't Touch This".<br /><br />Realated: Worst noise I ever heard was during the CMA Awards. Country Rap, YUCK! Shorten it to CRap.

Laddies

Banned

Any rock music not preformed by George Jones

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Anything Rod Stewart and all rap. Ugh!

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> ANYTHING Rap. Is that music??? The only rap song I ever liked was Hammer's "You Can't Touch This".
Amen Brother! Rap music is a major oxymoron. And BTW, Hammer was just copying Rick James' "Super Freak" with different lyrics. Seems like that's the thing to do nowadays too in the cRap(great term Willy) business....just take an old song and throw your own rhymes in. Yell "f the cops..or something about "Ho's and guns". (Don't forget to grab your crotch while rappin') Real talent....I swear :rolleyes: <br /><br />Oh yeah...most hated song...How about "Dust in the wind" by Kansas. Another one to get you kicked out of the guitar shop. ;) <br /><br />Dave

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Another vote for Rod S. I thought he or his daddy owned all the radio stations, from the amount of air-time his music got.<br />I can't handle disco iether.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Disco $ucks! I still feel that way.

TilliamWe

Banned

Well, this isn't a rock song, but others weighed in with non-rock songs, so I will too:<br /><br />"The Tide Is High" by Blondie. I had very violent thoughts towards Deborah Harry when I was 8 and that song was number one for like 15 weeks!

LubeDude

Admiral

Hate Rap, but the # 1 song I dislike is "One"<br />I think it was by the Who.<br /><br />You know, One is the loneliest number.

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Three Dog Night did that one Lube.<br /><br />My most hated Rock N' Roll Oldie is "Judy in Disguise, With Glasses".<br /><br />The absolute bottom feeder for Hard Rock for me is anything by Heart. They are followed closely by Motley Crue.

Dunaruna

Admiral

3 dog night did do it but I think Harry Nielson was first, maybe - I think..........<br /><br />dunno :confused: <br /><br />Aldo

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Agree with WP, Heart is the worst. I get screamed at enough by women, I don't need it in the music I listen to.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

BAY CITY ROLLERS - Saturday Night :mad: <br /><br />RAP is an affirmative action for music. It has to be, there is not one bit of talent there.<br /><br />Actually square dance calling should be considered the first form of RAP music.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Google to the rescue!<br /><br />Written by Nilsson, released by 3 dog night.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I usually like some of the newer rock.<br />Unless it is like at least one song by 36 CrazyFists. I think the lyrics go like this<br /><br />Yaohhhhhhh, Yoahhhhaopm, Wannnnnn<br /><br />Something like that. <br />Any song that sounds like that fits the bill.<br /><br />AK Chappy