yet another worth it or not..

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking to trade a 3 wheeler worth 200 bucks
wheeler.jpg

, and a 71 johnson 6 hp in great running condition for this 93 15 hp johnson. Here is a poor piture of it.
motor.jpg
And i have to drive 1 hr to get it. He stands behind it. His uncle passed, and he got it. Stored in a heated garage. Good deal or no? Any issues with this motor? I see that 93 is a changeover year for johnson..Will take comp readings saturday. Thanks..

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: yet another worth it or not..

15hp 1993 for a $200 3wheeler, and a $2-300 old motor, i would definately go for it, if it checks out.

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well if the 15hp runs well and you realy dont use the 3 wheeler that much ....maybe. Are you just trading the 6hp engine or is it going with a boat. Is there a reason the 6hp isnt good enough any more?

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

The boat i have the 6 hp on is a 1957 arkansas traveller, and it's pretty heavy for a 14' aluminum boat. My top speed is about 6mph. Im thinking that 15 would really pick me up. Plus..i would be 20 years newer. I just got an old 4 wheeler for ice fishing, so the 3 wheeler went for sale or barter. This was one offer i received. no boat included.. Just the wheeler and 6hp to trade.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That looks to be a long shaft motor. Make sure that's what you need. If it isn't and that lower is draggin' in the water it won't perform well. Otherwise it should be a great motor.

leer94

Seaman Apprentice

personally...I would have more fun in the boat.

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

Does that look like a long shaft? I see the cavitation plate lines up with the bottom in the picture..My boat is almost identical to the one pictured..

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Does that look like a long shaft? I see the cavitation plate lines up with the bottom in the picture..My boat is almost identical to the one pictured..

I think the angle may be deceiving you. I could be wrong though. Toss a post up in the J/E section with the picture and they will probably be able to tell you for sure. I own a '90 4HP and I don't believe it appears to be that long.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

get the model # we can tell by that if it is short or long shaft.