yess it's time

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's finally time take the boat out for the first time this year. :D <br />the resivoir is thawed so wendsday if boating time.<br />I'm so excited Ihave a engine I want to test.<br />spring starts only when the first boatis luanched<br /> :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

gonfishn

Commander
Re: yess it's time

I am putting the muffs on tomorrow then its to Tenn next week..Never thought I would miss the bugs splating off my face as I go across the lake or the faint wiff of an outhouse in the distance.Lets not forget the first curse word that comes out as you try and retreive your lure from a tree branch that is just out of arms length :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Man I feel sorry for yall, my boat ride Saturday was in 75 degree weather. It was beautiful.<br /><br />There was a bunch of wakeboarders out, didnt even need a wetsuit.<br /><br />Ken

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

As I place the tarp over the boats for the Summer, I hope you have a great time. I can relate to the anticipation each year. It's the same down south, just reversed....Too stinkin hot and buggy to go boatin in the sauna time!

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Man you guys are killin me!!!!!!<br />I still have weeks or even months to go :( :( :( :( :( :( !

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Put the muffs to the Ebbtide today and it's off to Va. in the morning to be traded off to a Gambler and then it's off to Alabama next week and then up to Tn. to visit with gonfishn and bubbakat.

tylerin

Commander

You mean you guys put your boats away for the winter :confused:

gaugeguy

Captain

I motored across the lake a few times this weekend...on my snowmobile!! Still 18" inches of ice on the lake, rivers are just starting to thaw. I'm looking at at least another month before I get the boat out.

sangerwaker

Commander

ppphhhhhhhhhhtttt!<br /><br />About 3-4 weeks til the lakes are thawed here. :( <br />Will someone please remind mother nature it's the first day of spring nesxt week?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

rivers are open and the eye's are bitin' around here... been out a few times. sucks cleaning ice of your rod guides tho.. goin' out again later on! nothing like jigging with a mister heater in front of you

KennyKenCan

Commander

The bay has thawed here, so have the canals, but its just still to darn cold to go out there!<br /><br />Water temps are still in the lower 40's, and one little mishap, and your in the drink, your chances of rescue are slim to none, even if it happens right in front of the Coast Gaurd Station!<br /><br />I'm not willing to take that kind of chance!

KaGee

Admiral

Watch out for the logs! Springtime runnoffs always produce it's share of floating junk.<br /><br />Early boating around here always proves to be hazardess to some. Hull, drive or prop damage. Have fun, just be cauteous.

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well guess what happend my boat wouldn't start :( <br />but I did go out in my frends boat and we had a good time :) <br />I found the problem so my first time out will be this thursday no made what. :D