Yard sales, are they really worth it?

Carphunter

Commander
Re: Yard sales, are they really worth it?

I see good 'ol TyGuy is still tryin. Now your only 28 snappy responses behind. :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

what, now we got may maddness? LOL :p <br />(trying to right the ship)<br />here's a good one. 5 yrs ago when we first moved<br />here, my niehbors moved out and trashed a solid<br />oak, stickly rocker with origional finish and even<br />the origional straw cushion and leather seat...<br />went out and trash picked it immediately :D

Bored To Tears

Seaman Apprentice

every now and then I have what I call a "halfway to the curb sale" .... set it out front, throw a few signs on the local light poles, and see what sells over a weekend<br /><br />monday is trash day, what doesnt sell goes the rest of the way to the curb<br /><br />buh bye!

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I always mooch off of my neighbors yard sales. When I see them putting their stuff out, I'll put a few things in the driveway as well to take advantage of the looky loos. There's something about getting cold hard cash for the junk that would have gone to the dump that just makes my day. Besides, my dump is over 20 miles away.

Carphunter

Commander

Sorry, :( I really have to stop hijacking some of these threads.<br /><br />I think Tylerin, Guageguy, and myself, tend to bring out the worst in each other....................or the best, depending on who you ask. ;) <br />(nyuk, nyuk, nyuk). :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Was the sale this weekend, how did it go?

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by neumanns:<br />Was the sale this weekend, how did it go?
See post from yesterday at 7:42am ;) <br /><br />One good thing, nobody fell down in the driveway and slapped me with a lawsuit ;)

tylerin

Commander

I see good 'ol TyGuy is still tryin. Now your only 28 snappy responses behind. <br />
I hate when the other team keeps score :rolleyes:

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

OH, I missed a whole section of posts on that one. Of course it was a bunch of your JUNK if it were hers it wouldn't be JUNK now would it? And one last thing, A word of caution: Getting rid of baby stuff can be a mistake. This vary act alone has brought about more than one unplanned addition to the family :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by neumanns:<br /> This vary act alone has brought about more than one unplanned addition to the family :D
Well my friend, if that happens I won't be living there anymore seeing I had a vasectomy three years ago :D <br /><br />The wife was teary getting rid of some of it though, lots of memories of the little hellians with the stuff we got rid of :(

Carphunter

Commander

I hate when the other team keeps score :rolleyes:
Only gonna give ya 1/2 a point for that one TyGuy. :D <br /><br />Now, you should really quit hijacking your buddies threads...........don't ya think? :p

tylerin

Commander

Only gonna give ya 1/2 a point for that one TyGuy. <br />
Carp, its gonna take me forever to catch up................I feel like a Lousville Cardinal ;)
Now, you should really quit hijacking your buddies threads...........don't ya think?
Sales over :D

tylerin

Commander

And none of my Louisville stuff sold, thankfully the dump is nearby
An old Lousville Slugger makes a fine beating stick. When you need to knock that ole Carp off your line. <br />Heaven forbid you waste a good arrow :D People just have no sense of good junk :D Beeebeeeebeeeebeeeebeeee, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Carphunter

Commander

and none of my Louisville stuff sold, thankfully the dump nearby
.......but all of your Gamecock stuff sold :confused: , guess that shows the taste of the people in your area. ;) <br /><br />GG, what the heck do you have Louisville stuff for anyway? ................are you one of them "Closet" Louisville fans? :p <br /><br />BTW, its minus 3 points for any cracks on my Cardinals. :p <br /><br />TyGuy, you don't have to beat them Carp off your line when you whack 'em with the good 'ol Muzzy fish point. They just fall right off ;) .<br /><br />Ever notice how I like to use a lot of the little smiley faces. :D <br /><br />"Hey Moe, help me get the qwarter from under the dwyer".