Yamaha V-Max with Faria Analog Gauges

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
So, I posted "over there", and got 1 "lame" answer. Anybody?

Guys,
Alright, I know it can be done, just want to make sure. I've rigged hundreds of OX66 vintage Yams, always with Yamaha digital gauges. Plug and play, piece of cake. Now I've got a '98 V-Max 150 that the gauges are shot on her. So I want to replace the digitals with Faria analogs as finding Yam digital replacements are QUITE pricey.

Tach, speedo, fuel, and volt. Now speedo, fuel, and volt are no brainers. It's the tach. Any type of "system check" I can wire in? What are the tach sender/ignition power/warning wire colors? Any funky tie-ins with the keyswitch/kill switch that I should be aware of? BTW, old Yam key switch/kill works fine.

Thanks for the help guys...and girls!

I have a good friend who reps Faria, but I figured, with all the "Gurus" available, both here and there, my question would get a quick answer...

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha V-Max with Faria Analog Gauges

By "Over There" I assume you posted your question on some other forum but did you try the Yamaha forum on IBoats? Your question would get answered in a heartbeat.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha V-Max with Faria Analog Gauges

its very simple, ya just have to wire in some LED lamps for low oil level,no oil level and overheat indicate.
simple and straightforward.
but lets see,with a new 6y5 tach you get trim indicate,overheat indicate,low oil indicate,no oil indicate,transfer system malfunction indicate and an hour meter.
faria is italian for junk,in my opinion.
that and the 6y5 is simple plug and play.
het hey its your time and money.
if you still wish to use faria I can tell you how the Yamaha colors work.