Yamaha ignition panel identification

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I recently bought a 2006 pontoon boat with a Yamaha 115 outboard and a Yamaha ignition panel near the throttle. The ignition switch is in sad shape and I'd like to replace it or the entire ignition panel. It resembles the one in the photo below. My question is how to identify the old part and, more importantly, how to select the correct replacement part? In other words, was this a standard part across a long period of time, or do I have to be very careful to get exactly the right part for my engine? ... If it helps, there are two electrical connectors - a round one with 8 wires and a rectangular one with 4 wires.
b2a1399e1321f919df6d32796d2834f9_1.jpg

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Click on the "maintenance" button (presumption being that you are wanting to perform maintenance)

Click on the "outboard parts" button (presumption being that you are wanting to view/buy an outboard part)
Step 1 select "outboard" (presumption being you are working on an outboard motor)
Step 2 select "rigging parts" )presumption being you are talking about a rigging component)
Step 3 select "rigging and parts for 2006 models" (presumption being you have a circa 2006 rigging part)
Step 4 select "rigging 2006" (presumption being you have a circa 2006 rigting part)
Step 5 select "electrical switch panel single"

An exploded view illustration will show up for your switch panel. The part number of the complete panel and the component parts will be shown.

You are welcome.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Buy the part number shown. If the part has been upgraded, and the latest part number is a form/fit/function replacement for the original part, you will be provided with the latest and greatest part number.

HotTommy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thank you. That was very helpful. Yamaha's website designer should hire you.