Yamaha Exciter - no take off power ???

DaveDel82

Recruit
I just picked up a 1998 single engine Yamaha Exciter jet boat. It runs mint, just got it back from the dealer for a carb rebuild and new fuel pumps . The problem is , is that there is no accelleration power. The thing takes forever to get going , once it gets going and planes out it moves nicely , but when I have to stop and come to a now wake or something it takes forever to get going again...also the water coming out the little spicket right on the outside by the driver seat seems really hot ... If any one knows what could be wrong with it , it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rockit611

Cadet
Re: Yamaha Exciter - no take off power ???

I had the same problem with my 1200 xlt....it was the impeller....Put a solas with stainless housing, racing intake & rideplate...takes off nice now:)

big4blue

Cadet
Re: Yamaha Exciter - no take off power ???

And if the water si not hot coming out of the port holes, then that is a bigger issue. The hot water is normal, bceause it is pumping past the engine and helps keep it cool. If the water were cold, that would be weird. I put the Solas Concord Impellers on w/o the other stuff mentioned here and it planes quicker than it did with the original Yamaha Impellers.