yamaha carburetors

hosteter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello everybody.sorry for my mistakes in writing.I bought recently a Yamaha 250 turp.I made a service on lower part and now I am gonna clean the carburetors.does enibody know if there are any adjustment to make when they are cleaned and assembled?thank you for all help and replies.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
yes they need to be synced and set to factory settings any time you put them back on.
Your service manual for that motor will have the specs

hosteter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does enibody own such motor here on iboats?would like to know more abbout fuel consumption,oil consumption and troubles if any.

hosteter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The motor isnt runing.the heads are corroded .must weld the heads.here in europe are heads expensive.300? one head.need two.motor stand still for abbout 3 years.i think it is the best to clean the carburetors and blow all hoses and filters thrue.

robert graham

Admiral
If the motor was stored with no fuel on carbs then maybe they're O.K.....remove each carb drain plug and catch/inspect whatever may come out......

hosteter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok thats a good idea.will try and see what comes out.what do you think abbout those carb spray cleaners.do they work?