Yamaha 9.9 4t lower unit

sime

Cadet
Hello,
I dissasembled lower unit of yamaha 9.9 4t 2004. I have to change oil seals. I notice some radial shift of prop shaft. I changed needle bearing but prop shaft still has radial shift. It is cca 0.2mm. Is it ok or not?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Seems it would be 4s.

I would guess that it is an F9.9 something or other.

Last edited:

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
All Yamaha four stroke outboard motors are preceeded with either the letter F, the letter T or the letters FT. With other letters thrown is an needed.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Everyday talk in Europe is different when referring to number of strokes of the engine.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Everyday talk in Europe is different when referring to number of strokes of the engine.
so, are you saying they may call it 4 toke instead of 4 stoke?
this is why I asked what 4t was suppose to mean

sime

Cadet
Yes 4t means 4 stroke, but here in europe we call 4 takt. Model is F9.9 CMHL. What about play of prop shaft? Is it ok or not?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Yes 4t means 4 stroke, but here in europe we call 4 takt. Model is F9.9 CMHL. What about play of prop shaft? Is it ok or not?
In the future it would be helpful if the full model identity were to be posted. In your case, F9.9CMHL. Better still, the complete engine identity. The ID on the label that begins with the number 6.

I have reviewed several Yamaha F9.9 service manuals. Can find no specifications for "radial shift" of the propeller shaft. Whatever is meant by that term.

I did find this:

sime

Cadet

Is it possible to order this part only. Not the whole axle.
There is no part number for this part, only for the whole axle.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
if it does not have a part number, I do not see how it could be ordered

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Have your local machine shop fit a new sleeve on there.-----That might be within your budget.