Yamaha 6 HP Vibration

grinder48

Cadet
Thinking of buying 2010 Yamaha F6 4 stroke portable. This is newer version with smaller gearcase and built in fuel tank. I'm very concerned about how much vibration there may be with the single cylinder. I really want a new 2 stroke 2 cyl 6 hp with integral tank but I don't think it exists. Bought a Tohatsu single cyl 4 stroke (I think 2.5 hp) for another boat and the amount of vibration was simply unacceptable. Would appreciate any thought on vibration of the Yam 6, how much I should expect, etc. Thanks

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 6 HP Vivration

Re: Yamaha 6 HP Vivration

Never seen one run before, why not go to the dealer you are going to buy it from and ask to see it run before buying

grinder48

Cadet
Re: Yamaha 6 HP Vibration

impossible to find a dealer anywhere near (central GA / SC) who stock it. And, for the most part, I find most dealers are not very knowledgeable about their products. (Hate to say it but it's true ... and I consider myself a good judge since I was an Evinrude dealer for over 10 years)

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've worked on very few tiny motors but did work on one of these...was mounted on small inflatable and was surprisingly smooth...

grinder48

Cadet

yamamarinetech40, thank you. While I appreciate any input, all I rec'd other than yours weren't direct experience so yours is especially appreciated. Thanks again!