Yamaha 130 fuel connector

maineiac5586

Chief Petty Officer
Rigging a 2001 130 v4 2 stroke. Looks like yamaha wants a fuel hose from the primer all the way up to the filter with no quick disconnect coupler. Was thinking about adding one but all the Rigging coming out of the motor well is going to be inside a Rigging tube with the exception of the fuel bulb primer in which I'm going to use a Coupling that allows the fuel hose to come out and go back in to the Rigging tube (see pic below). I was used to unhooking the gas line at a connector in my older motors to run them out of gas to not have gas sitting in the carbs. Is this not a common thing to do? My boat has a fuel separator should I fab up a connection spot there? I also want to have the flexibility to hook up a 6 gallon tank in place of the boats built in tank to run some ringfree through . Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229_234558_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240229_234558_Chrome.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 0

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
running a multi cylinder, multi carb motor dry cannot work very well.
yes the motor will die, but there will be fuel left in the bowls, some will have more than the others. As it evaporates it will leave residue.

and the Cylinders that run low 1st will lack lube as the others keep the motor rolling.

it is best to keep the bowls full and use the boat often to keep the fuel from evaporating and leaving residue.
or drain the fuel bowls completely with the drain screws