Would you vote in Iraq?

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer
With all the threats and actions taking place in the run up and no doubt on the day would you vote if you were a iraqi? I wouldnt but not sure if thats because Ive always lived in a democracy or maybe just a coward!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Would you vote in Iraq?

yep...........iraqthevote.........

dolluper

Captain

It depends how much the guy paid me to vote for him I guess the more things happening out of the norm the more it would cost him that's all.THE WAY IT IS

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Only if I could leave hangin' chads. I would vote..

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I would go check out the security. If it is lax, no way. If it is good, go for it.<br /><br />Ken

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yes. Even more deliberately than I would if the terrorists left the process alone!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Yes, I'd vote even tho I don't think it would matter much... <br /><br />I believe the "fix" is on... ;)

rogerwa

Commander

Yes definitely. Vote now or let them torture and kill me later.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The line would have to be moving briskly, no vehicles moving within a few blocks, and the Good Guys with automatic weapons looking out the perimeter. One way in to check for obvious weaponry and many ways out to get out in a hurry and scatter to the wind.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

As Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or. . . ."<br /><br />No street punk or bully would keep me away from the polls.<br /><br />I can't believe that tough talking, macho Americans would even hesitate.<br /><br />Bring it on.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What other way to be a free nation if you don't vote, so yea, I would vote.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Better question. Would you run in an election in Iraq if you were a citizen? Seems that possible candidates have a very short life span.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

As an Iraqi, I would not waste my time on voting.It is gun power that makes leaders in that country and not western ideas like democracy.<br />Why should I risk my life so some americans can say they brought "democracy". On top of that the winners of any elections held in Iraq will probably be asassinated in a very short time.<br />On second thought.Yes I would vote,but for the guy I hate most, because if he wins ,he is dead.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Yes I would vote!!! Would not anounce that I would, but would show up at the polls to cast my vote!!!! ;) :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

I'd vote - in a heartbeat!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Yes if I lived there, but I don't... Thats a great thing.