Woo Hoo! Vacation time! (UPDATE w/MORE pics)

sangerwaker

Commander
Well, I'll be pretty scarce for the next week. Wife, son, and myself are heading for Moab, Utah tomorrow evening. My BIL has mountain biked there many times,and he'll be our tour guide. His new bride is also going. We'll be camping around the area and sightseeing. No boating, though. :( <br /><br />Looks like the weather should be nice. Highs in the mid 80's and lows in the mid 50's all week. It should be about a 20 hour drive from here. We drove to Grand Junction, CO in Sept 2003 to buy our boat, and Moab is only a couple of hours further. Should be a good time.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Woo Hoo! Vacation time! (UPDATE w/MORE pics)

Enjoy, SW. :)

SoulWinner

Commander

Bring the 4X4 and climb some rocks!

dolluper

Captain

Have a goodin!!!

sangerwaker

Commander

No 4X4'in unfortunately. It would be a blast, but we are taking my 2WD Dakota, and my BIL's Liberty. Not the greatest 4X4 IMHO. I'm sure hoping to see some of those great rock climbing machines while we're there though!

KaGee

Admiral

Be safe!<br />Have fun!<br /><br /><br />Hmmmm..... is that an oxymoron?? :confused: :D

gonfishn

Commander

Don't have to much fun SW...Headn to the North Woods myself Wednesday

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Ah, you're headed to some beautiful country! Enjoy and be safe.<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey have fun and bring back pics

sangerwaker

Commander

I just bought a 1GB memory card for my camera, so I plan on taking a boat load of pictures. My BIL also bought the same memory card for his camera, so between the two of us, we have enough storage for nearly 2000 pictures at our highest resolution settings. I'll post a bunch later next week.

sangerwaker

Commander

Hi Folks!<br /><br />I'm back and all is well. Had a great time and saw some SPECTACULAR country. For those of you haven't been there, it's something I highly recommend doing in your lifetime.<br /><br />Here's a link to some of my pics. Note there is a second page beyond the first 15. Also, if you enlarge them by clicking, it is the full size, high resolution original at a 4 MP setting from my camera.<br /><br /> Moab, Utah Trip Photos <br /><br />Enjoy! I know I did.

LadyFish

Admiral

Absolutely incredible pictures....breath taking scenery.<br /><br />Thanks a bunch for sharing. :)

rwise

Captain

Absolutely beautiful! Did you enjoy the local food as well? Also, did you do any hiking to get off the road? Been there some years ago, was well worth the time. Hope you don't mind but I am using some for desktop back grounds!

sangerwaker

Commander

Had bunches of the local food. A local bakery had something very interesting called a "Breakfast Spin". It's bsically like a cinnamon roll, but intead of cinnamon rolled up, there are sun dried tomaotos, onions, jalapenos, some other spices, and covered in cheese. They were delicious!<br /><br />All of the arch pictures required some hiking, some more than others. It was strenuous since we weren't used to the elevation. We actually did some hiking nearly every day.<br /><br />And please, feel free to use any of the pictures that you like. That's partly why I posted them.

dolluper

Captain

Great shots!! I'm confused no dinosaures though :D

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Beautiful pics sangerwaker. The color and resolution is great. What kind of camera did you use?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Well done, one of my favorite places, you can explore for ten years and not see it all...Chief ;)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Cor'Blimey! Those pics are absolutely awesome :)

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Those are some beautiful pictures you have taken. The lake looks like a nice place to go boating. Post somemore picture if it is not too much trouble. Thanks :)