Wizard Western Auto 6602 A47 7hp different electrical power source than I've seen

Webekin

Seaman
So Purchased this Wizard at auction very cheap only bidder, friend wanted it but turns out best that I got it due to issues. Removed the carb, and it is missing the fuel pump, rubber balloon that pulses to move the fuel. Also missing a screen that filters fuel at the carb inlet, and also another piece that directs the fuel flow? The fuel line was not connected to the carb, shut off valve was bypassed. And the plug was finger tight.
So the magnito has no points that I can see, and the plug wire comes from a black cube, mounted external to the flywheel, that is powered from under the fly wheel. All new design to me. Appears to be a clone to the Sears 217.58591, also a 7 hp. Engine tag reads, T640-07A Tecumseh, 7205300. Going fishing tomorrow, so will check for spark, and compression on Wednesday. Any thoughts, suggestions on this outboard, parts suggestion? Webekin.

matt167

Captain
Some of the techumseh engines had what they called SSI or solid state ignition. I think 1967 was the first year it was used. If it’s failed, there is no direct replacement and only some can be converted to points.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its an Eska . start googling Eska. its basically a modified lawnmower power head